ESS741 - Sustainability and Environmental Education
2023 unit information
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Burwood (Melbourne), Cloud (online)|
Students must be enrolled in course D304, D351, E760, E763 or E765
D304 students must also have passed 24 credit points of study at levels 1, 2 & 3 with a minimum WAM of 60%
Students enrolled in course E763 or E765 commencing from 2020, must pass unit EEE754 plus 1 unit from EEE755, EEE756, EPR731, EPR751, EPR781
Students will on average spend 150-hours over the teaching period undertaking the teaching, learning and assessment activities for this unit.
In Person Attendance Requirements
|Scheduled learning activities - campus||
1 x 3 hour campus-based seminar per non-placement week, 1 x 1.5 hour online seminar per non-placement week
|Scheduled learning activities - cloud (online)||
Time engaging in learning activities is expected to total a combined equivalent of 8-10 hours per week.
This includes engagement with materials, responses to tasks, regular forum posting and responding to others, scheduled synchronous online discussions and independent study during non-placement teaching weeks (approx. 6-9 weeks).
It is highly recommended that you attend scheduled synchronous discussions in CloudDeakin throughout the trimester.
The unit aims to lead students to a deeper understanding and appreciation of different approaches to the learning and teaching of education for sustainability, including its relation to socio-scientific issues and environmental education, to lower secondary level years 7 to 10 across a range of curriculum areas and as a whole school approach.
- The nature and purposes of education for sustainability and its relation to socio-scientific issues and environmental education
- Locating opportunities for learning and teaching through education for sustainability in the Australian National Curriculum
- Approaches to learning and teaching through education for sustainability
- Assessment for and of learning through education for sustainability
- Learning and teaching resources for education for sustainability.
Unit Fee Information
Click on the fee link below which describes you: