HMI202 - Foundation Principles and Application of Medical Imaging 3
2024 unit information
|Enrolment modes:||Semester 1: Waurn Ponds (Geelong)|
|Cohort rule:||This unit is only available to students enrolled in H309|
HMI104 and HMI105
HMI201 and HMI203
Students will on average spend 150 hours over the teaching period undertaking the teaching, learning and assessment activities for this unit.
This will include educator guided online learning activities within the unit site.
|Scheduled learning activities - campus||
A minimum of four hours per week of lectures, practical experience (simulation), practical experience (laboratory) activities and seminar (PBL) sessions.
This unit extends the knowledge acquired in year one of the Medical Imaging Course. It introduces the:
- anatomy, physiology, pathology and radiographic pathology of the abdominopelvic cavity and its organs and systems;
- anatomy of skull and facial bones; and
- contrast media applications in medical imaging.
The unit emphasises:
- radiographic and basic ultrasonographic anatomy;
- radiographic presentations of physiological processes;
- radiographic pathology;
- contrast applications, distribution, elimination, complications and management;
- diagnostic and interventional vascular imaging;
- integration of the above in analysis of medical images in terms of:
- image quality and contents;
- diagnosis, differential diagnoses and complications;
- need of complementary medical imaging examinations;
- medical imaging assisted therapeutic procedures
Unit Fee Information
Fees and charges vary depending on the type of fee place you hold, your course, your commencement year, the units you choose to study and their study discipline, and your study load.
Tuition fees increase at the beginning of each calendar year and all fees quoted are in Australian dollars ($AUD). Tuition fees do not include textbooks, computer equipment or software, other equipment or costs such as mandatory checks, travel and stationery.
Use the Fee estimator to see course and unit fees applicable to your course and type of place.
For further information regarding tuition fees, other fees and charges, invoice due dates, withdrawal dates, payment methods visit our Current Students website.