MIT799 - Information Systems in Practice (Study Tour)
2020 unit information
Trimester 2: Study Tour
Available to students enrolled in Master's level courses only
Completion of 8 credit points of Postgraduate level study of which at least six must be MIS-coded units and must include MIS798
Students will on average spend 150 hours over the teaching period undertaking the teaching, learning and assessment activities for this unit.
|Scheduled learning activities - campus||
The Information Systems in Practice study tour will be conducted in intensive mode over a two-week period. All students are required to attend all sessions during the study tour. The summary and post tour work will be required.
This is a capstone project unit that will provide students with the opportunity to develop Information Systems practice skills. The unit aims to provide students with an opportunity to gain hands-on experience by working on an authentic business problem from concept to solution under the guidance and direction of a team of academic staff and industry advisors.
On completion of the unit students should be able to:
1. Investigate a business problem and identify associated stakeholders and business processes
2. Identify and source information relevant to the business problem
3. Analyse the business processes and information to understand drivers and impacts
4. Explore and evaluate the utility of alternative IS driven solutions
5. Develop strategies for the successful implementation of the optimal solution
Unit Fee Information
Click on the fee link below which describes you: