MMP111 - Introduction to Property
2021 unit information
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Burwood (Melbourne), Cloud (online)
Trimester 3: Burwood (Melbourne), Cloud (online)
|Previously coded as:||SRP111|
Students will on average spend 150 hours over the teaching period undertaking the teaching, learning and assessment activities for this unit.
|Scheduled learning activities - campus||
1 x 2 hour class, 1 x 1 hour seminar per week
|Scheduled learning activities - cloud (online)||
Online independent and collaborative learning activities including 11 scheduled online seminars
This unit aims to give students a general introduction into the property market, property valuation and the role property plays in a today’s economy. It introduces the concept of real property and improvements to land; highest and best use, property and the economy; a broad overview of property markets and sub-markets; an introduction to property management, stages of property development and the stakeholders; urban economics, sustainability and planning .??? On completion of Introduction to Property students should be able to:
- Place property in the context of the built environment, urban planning, the investment environment,
- Appreciate the concept of real property & improvements on land.
- Gain a broad understanding of property sectors ,markets and sub-markets.
- Be aware property finance, tax of the broad legal and economic aspects of property valuation.
- Appreciate the basic concepts of investment, yiield including the essentials of basic financial mathematics.
- Recognise the importance of urban economics in the growth of cities and urban areas.
Hurdle requirement: achieve at least 50% of the available marks in the examination AND
students must successfully complete the professional literacy module (EDL) to gain access to the assignment dropbox
Unit Fee Information
Click on the fee link below which describes you: