SLE320 - Resource Efficiency and Waste Management
2020 unit information
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 3: Burwood (Melbourne)|
|Previously coded as:||
Any 2 level 2 units
Students will on average spend 150 hours over the teaching period undertaking the teaching, learning and assessment activities for this unit.
|Scheduled learning activities - campus||
Intensive: Students are expected to attend an intensive mode short course taught over 5 days.
Topics to be addressed in this unit include:
- Regulatory controls on waste management
- Techniques for conducting waste audits
- Use of life cycle analysis as a decision making tool
- Waste minimisation, reuse and recycling techniques
- Cleaner production techniques
- Waste management technologies
- Municipal waste management
- Development of waste management strategies
- Implementation of waste management systems
To be eligible to receive a mark for summative assessment task 4 (case study) students must complete and submit the provided risk assessment form (off-campus activities safe work method statement) prior to undertaking the waste assessment at the selected organisation.
Unit Fee Information
Click on the fee link below which describes you: