Continuing forward and supporting our community
Since the impact of COVID-19, we have navigated through a complex and evolving situation. While uncertainty remains around the ongoing impact, what we do know is that we can successfully blend our approaches to learning, working and research with on-campus and off-campus arrangements regardless of our physical locations.
Future student information
As Deakin works towards COVID-Normal in 2021, Deakin will combine online and on-campus activities, to ensure a COVIDSafe campus and adhere to government restrictions.
Current student information
Classes and seminars for all upcoming study periods will continue to be held online. We are gradually increasing on-campus practical classes and other activities that require campus facilities.
International student information
We have a dedicated team coordinating our response to this global event, so please check regularly for updates.
HDR student information
Our HDR advisers are currently working with students who's candidature has been directly impacted by COVID-19. We are planning for the gradual return of activities that require campus facilities. This is subject to government and University guidelines.
We assure staff that the safety and wellbeing of our community is top priority. Please browse the large range of questions we have answered for you.
All visitors need to be aware of their responsibilities and commit to contributing to a COVIDSafe environment.
Access to campus by staff, students and visitors is currently limited due to government restrictions and to help maintain health and safety protocols. Staff and visitor access is reviewed case-by-case. Students are to be guided by the requirements as outlined by their faculty.
Be aware of your responsibilities
If you're on campus or needing to attend campus, be aware of your individual responsibilities to contribute to keeping Deakin's campuses safe.
Conditions of entry for COVIDSafe campuses
By attending campus and using Deakin University’s facilities, you agree to adhere to the Victorian Government and Deakin University’s COVID-related restrictions and requirements that are in place at the time of entry, including the below.
- You are declaring you are well and without COVID symptoms. If you’re unwell, you should not be here.
- You will record your attendance via the check in QR code or locally advised system to support contact tracing, and adhere to space capacity constraints.
- You will notify Deakin if you have tested positive to COVID-19 by calling Security on 1800 062 579.
- You will follow all COVIDSafe instructions as sign-posted and advised by staff.
General COVIDSafe reminders:
- check your health and wellbeing - use the Symptom Checker - and stay home if you're unwell
- continue working and studying from home if you can
- wear your face mask
- check occupancy levels prior to entering a space to adhere to capacity constrains
- each time you enter a space on campus you must check in using the unique QR code displayed (or other locally advised system) if you’ll be there for 15 minutes or more
- maintain 1.5m physical distance from others and avoid physical greetings
- wash your hands regularly with soap and water for 20 seconds
- use hand sanitiser when available
- clean or wipe down equipment you use.
To ensure you're accessing the latest and most reliable news, please visit these websites for further coronavirus disease (COVID-19) information.