Our research objectives
We aim to have a positive impact on patient care through the translation of knowledge into the real world and a sustainable, collaborative research capacity.
Our objectives are to:
- produce world-leading research that has a positive impact on communities
- directly impact the quality, safety and experience of patient care
- build on strategic local, national and international collaborations
- build sustainable research capacity.
Our collaborations to improve health care
We are working with Eastern Health, Epworth HealthCare and SmartWard to use technology to improve the quality and safety of care delivery. SmartWard has developed a sophisticated, multi-functional technology solution designed to support clinicians (nurses in particular) in the delivery and documentation of patient care in acute environments.
The multi-staged research is focused on ensuring the tool:
- is usable by nurses
- reflects the complexity of nursing work
- is flexible and robust enough to deal with frequent disruptions to nursing workflow
- is acceptable to nurses.
The QPS' partnership network is the first fully coordinated collaboration of its kind in Australia. The goal of this innovative network is to facilitate applied multidisciplinary and multi-site research.