Applications now open.
It is recommended that scholarship applications be submitted at least one month prior to commencing your studies at Deakin.
100% of the total indicative tuition fee stated on your Letter of Offer.*
Priority place for on-campus accommodation (at own cost and subject to availability).
*This bursary will not apply to H911 (Doctor of Medicine).
To be eligible, all the below selection criteria must be met:
- Applicant must be a citizen of South Asian countries listed below**
- Applicant should be residing in a South Asian country listed below**
- Applicant should be applying through a Deakin authorised agent based in a South Asian country listed below**
- Applicant should meet the below mentioned academic eligibility criteria
Academic eligibility criteria
- 85% overall in Year 12 scores of CBSE / ICSE / State Board; OR
- 10 overall in the General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) / A Level; OR
- 32 overall in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP); OR
- 80% overall in an undergraduate degree.
**List of countries in South Asia: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Mauritius, Myanmar, Nepal
All conditions must be met. This bursary is conditional on acceptance of terms and conditions
which will be specified in the acceptance form.
You are required to submit:
- a personal statement (300 words)
- two references who can comment on your community engagement and/or leadership capacity
- a completed application to study at Deakin including academic transcripts.
Your personal statement must be written by you and reflect your personal views. It should contain:
- an outline of why you want to study at Deakin University
- an overview of any extracurricular activities and work experience (paid or voluntary) you have undertaken
- why you think you would make an outstanding ambassador for Deakin University
- any other information that will assist your application.
You may also be asked to attend an interview.
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria. It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
All prospective students who apply will be automatically assessed for the scholarship and will be advised of the outcome after going through the selection process. There is no need to complete a scholarship application form.