Applications for Trimester 1 2021 open 31 August 2020.
Applications for Trimester 1 2021 close 25 January 2021 5pm.
Cash payment of up to $5000 over one year.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- a domestic student
- a continuing student who is enrolled full-time in your 3rd or 4th year of an undergraduate bachelor's degree
- experiencing financial, personal, or medical hardship.
Preference will be given to:
- Indigenous students
- students who are able to demonstrate participation, volunteering, and commitment to supporting their community.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- complete a yearly impact statement for the duration of the scholarship
- provide an introductory statement about their study goals and what it means to receive the scholarship.
As part of the application process, you may also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship, community volunteering achievements, and/or medical condition.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through the Deakin Scholarship Application Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can view the status of your application via your Deakin Scholarship Application Portal account.
About the donor
This scholarship is generously supported by the John and Barbara Hay Philanthropic Foundation.