Applications for Trimester 1 2022 open 6 September 2021.
Applications for Trimester 1 2022 close 24 January 2022 at 5pm.
This scholarship offers cash payments up to $5,000 per year for two years.
The total maximum value of this scholarship is $10,000.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- a domestic student
- a commencing student enrolled in a bachelor degree in Trimester 1 2022 at Deakin's Warrnambool campus (on campus study)
- enrolled full-time in in a Commonwealth supported place
- experiencing financial hardship, in receipt of a Centrelink means tested benefit or have a personal/family taxable income below $56,000, depending on independence status.
Preference will be given to students who are:
- residents of the City of Warrnambool, the Moyne Shire or South West Victoria
- enrolling in the Bachelor of Environmental Science (MarineBiology).
As a scholarship recipient, you must:
- be prepared to attend a meet and greet with the donor
- maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 50 for the duration of the scholarship
- complete a yearly impact statement for the duration of the scholarship
- provide an introductory statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
Warrnambool campus scholarships
When applying directly to Deakin, select the 'Warrnambool campus scholarships' option and, if eligible, your application will automatically be considered for the Warrnambool Residential Scholarship as well as our range of donor-funded scholarships for the Warrnambool campus.
This reduces the number of scholarships you have to apply for and increases your chances of receiving a Deakin scholarship.
How to apply
Apply through VTAC
If you’ve applied to study at Deakin through VTAC and have completed a VTAC scholarship application, you’ll be considered for this scholarship.
Apply directly to Deakin
If you didn't complete a VTAC scholarship application, are applying directly to Deakin for a course or already have your 2022 course offer, you can apply for this scholarship directly to Deakin through our Scholarship Application Portal.
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
If you are successful, you will be contacted by the email address you nominated within your application portal account, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. If you have not received an offer by this time, you have been unsuccessful. You can view the status of your application via your scholarship application portal account.
Next offering period
This scholarship is yet to be confirmed for any future offering periods. Please check back at this page at a later date for any updates.