Applications for Trimester 1 2022 open 6 September 2021.
Applications for Trimester 1 2022 close 7 February 2022 at 5pm.
This scholarship offers cash payments up to $6500 over one year.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or holder of a permanent humanitarian visa
- be a commencing student enrolled full-time in the first year of one of the following degrees at Deakin University in Trimester 1 2022:
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours)
- be enrolled at Geelong Waterfront or Geelong Waurn Ponds campus
- have successfully completed VCE in the City of Greater Geelong
- be able to demonstrate financial hardship.
Preference will be given to a female student.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- provide an introductory statement about your study goals and what it means to receive the scholarship
- complete an impact statement at the end of the scholarship year
- maintain a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 60 for the duration of the scholarship.
There may be an opportunity for the scholarship holder to be invited to undertake paid vacation employment with the scholarship provider. The decision to accept any potential offer is the student’s and will not impact the their eligibility to receive the scholarship.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Apply through VTAC
If you’ve applied to study at Deakin through VTAC and have completed a VTAC scholarship application, you’ll be considered for this scholarship.
Apply directly to Deakin
If you didn't complete a VTAC scholarship application, are applying directly to Deakin for a course or already have your 2022 course offer, you can apply for this scholarship directly to Deakin through our Scholarship Application Portal.
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
If you are successful, you will be contacted by the email address you nominated within your application portal account, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. If you have not received an offer by this time, you have been unsuccessful. You can view the status of your application via your scholarship application portal account.
Next offering period
This scholarship is yet to be confirmed for any future offering periods. Please check back at this page at a later date for any updates.