Applications for Trimester 1 2022 open 6 September 2021.
Applications for Trimester 1 2022 close 7 January 2022 at 5pm.
This scholarship is available for 1 year.
- DUSA Gold membership 2022
Your choice of items up to the value of $3000
- Travel assistance (Annual general parking permit/public transport/Myki/ fuel voucher)
- Deakin Card top up which can be used for services such as printing, photocopying, binding, purchase of text books supplied through the DUSA Bookshop or food purchases.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a currently enrolled (continuing) student, enrolled full time* in an undergraduate bachelor or postgraduate master by coursework degree in a Commonwealth supported place
- be able to demonstrate a combination of financial and social or geographical disadvantage
- have a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 50.
* Full time enrolment requires students to be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit points over the academic year.
If you are successful you will be required to provide a written statement in Trimester 1 2022 highlighting the impact receiving this support has had on you personally and the potential benefit on your studies during the year for a case study and/or reporting purposes.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your hardship.
The supporting documentation required includes:
- evidence of any hardship you are experiencing
- evidence you are in receipt of a means-tested Centrelink benefit or have a personal or combined family taxable income below $56,000, depending on independence status.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
You can apply for this scholarship directly to Deakin through our Scholarship Application Portal.
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Scholarship Application Portal account.
Next offering period
This scholarship is yet to be confirmed for any future offering periods. Please check back at this page at a later date for any updates.