Applications for Trimester/Semester 1 2024 open 15 September 2023.
Applications for Trimester/Semester 1 2024 close 9 January 2024 at 5pm.
This scholarship is available for 1 year.
- DUSA Gold membership 2024
Your choice of items up to the value of $3000
- Travel assistance (Annual general parking permit/public transport/Myki/ fuel voucher)
- Funds for the purchase of text books and other study related materials.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a currently enrolled (continuing) student in Trimester 1 2024 (not commencing)
- enrolled full time* in an undergraduate bachelor or postgraduate master by coursework degree
- be able to demonstrate a combination of financial and social or geographical disadvantage
- have a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 50.
* Full time enrolment requires students to be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit points over two teaching periods in the academic year.
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the information your provide in your application including:
- information regarding any hardship you face
- how the scholarship will benefit you.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- provide a testimonial and a recent photo of yourself at the time of acceptance for promotional purposes
- provide a written statement at the completion of Trimester 1, 2024 highlighting the impact receiving this support has had on you personally and the potential benefit on your studies during the year for a case study, scholarship promotion and/or reporting purposes.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your hardship.
The supporting documentation required includes:
- evidence of any medical condition (if applicable)
- evidence of your financial hardship (either you are in receipt of a means-tested Centrelink benefit, low-income health care card or have a personal or combined family taxable income the thresholds determined by the University).
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
You can apply for this scholarship directly to Deakin through our Scholarship Application Portal.
When applying direct to Deakin for this scholarship, select either the 'Undergraduate Scholarship Application Tri/Sem 1 2024' or the 'Postgraduate Scholarship Application Tri/Sem 1 2024' option and, if eligible, your application will automatically be considered for this scholarship.
This reduces the number of scholarships you have to apply for and increases your chances of receiving a Deakin scholarship.
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date with items dispensed prior to the start of Trimester 1 2024. You can see the status of your application via your Scholarship Application Portal account.
Next offering period
This scholarship is yet to be confirmed for any future offering periods. Please check back at this page at a later date for any updates.