Applications for Trimester 1 2022 open 11 January 2022.
Applications for Trimester 1 2022 close 7 February 2022 at 5pm.
This scholarship offers cash payments up to $10,000 per year, for a maximum of four years (dependant on normal course duration).
The maximum value of this scholarship is $40,000.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- be enrolled full time in Trimester 1 2022 at Deakin University in one of the following courses:
- H326 Bachelor of Nursing
- H329 Bachelor of Nursing (Clinical Leadership)
- H421 Bachelor of Nursing (Honours)
- D355 Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Midwifery
- D387 Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Psychological Science
- D381 Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Public Health and Health Promotion
- H676 Graduate Diploma of Midwifery
- H771 Master of Advanced Nursing
- be receiving a means-tested Centrelink benefit or can demonstrate personal or family taxable income below $56 000 depending on independence status.
Scholarship recipients will be required to:
- write an introduction statement about their goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- complete a yearly impact statement for the duration of the scholarship
- maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 60 for the duration of the scholarship
- be open to meeting with the scholarship donor.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Apply through VTAC
If you’ve applied to study at Deakin through VTAC and have completed a VTAC scholarship application, you’ll be considered for this scholarship.
Apply directly to Deakin
If you didn't complete a VTAC scholarship application, are applying directly to Deakin for a course or already have your 2022 course offer, you can apply for this scholarship directly to Deakin through our Scholarship Application Portal.
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
If you are successful, you will be contacted by the email address you nominated within your application portal account, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. If you have not received an offer by this time, you have been unsuccessful. You can view the status of your application via your scholarship application portal account.
About the donor
This scholarship is generously supported by the Norman Beischer Medical Research Foundation.
Next offering period
This scholarship is yet to be confirmed for any future offering periods. Please check back at this page at a later date for any updates.