Applications for Trimester 1 2021 open 8 October 2020.
Applications for Trimester 1 2021 close 15 February 2021 at 5pm.
This scholarship offers cash payments up to $10,000 per year, for a maximum of four years (dependant on normal course duration).
The maximum value of this scholarship is $40,000.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- be enrolled full time in Trimester 1 2021 at Deakin University in one of the following courses:
- H326 Bachelor of Nursing
- H329 Bachelor of Nursing (Clinical Leadership)
- H421 Bachelor of Nursing (Honours)
- D355 Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Midwifery
- D387 Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Psychological Science
- D381 Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Public Health and Health Promotion
- H676 Graduate Diploma of Midwifery
- H771 Master of Advanced Nursing
- be receiving a means-tested Centrelink benefit or can demonstrate personal or family taxable income below $56 000 depending on independence status.
Scholarship recipients will be required to:
- write an introduction statement about their goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- complete a yearly impact statement for the duration of the scholarship
- maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 60 for the duration of the scholarship
- be open to meeting with the scholarship donor.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Deakin Scholarship Application Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can view the status of your application via your Deakin Scholarship Application Portal account.
About the donor
This scholarship is generously supported by the Norman Beischer Medical Research Foundation.