Applications for Trimester 1 2021 open 19 December 2020.
Applications for Trimester 1 2021 close 15 February 2021 5pm.
Cash payment up to $5000 per year.
The maximum value of this scholarship is $15,000 paid over 3 years.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person enrolled at NIKERI Institute
- commencing and enrolled full time in Trimester 1 2021 at Deakin University in H326 Bachelor of Nursing
- experiencing an area of hardship
- located in a remote or regional home location or are relocating from a rural or regional home location to study at Deakin University.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- write an introduction statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- complete an impact statement each year for the duration of the scholarship
- be open to meeting with the donor.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your relevant hardship.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Deakin Scholarship Application Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can view the status of your application via your Deakin Scholarship Application Portal account.