Applications for Semester 1 2022 open 18 October 2021.
Applications for Semester 1 2022 close 15 February 2022 5pm.
This scholarship offers a one-off cash payment of $1000.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- a domestic student
- enrolled full time in the 3rd or 4th year of H911 Doctor of Medicine in Semester 1 2022
- undertaking a clinical placement in a rural/regional area
- able to show you receive a means-tested Centrelink benefit or have a personal or combined family taxable income below $56,000, depending on independence status.
As a scholarship recipient you:
- must provide an introductory statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- complete an impact statement at the completion of the scholarship
- be open to participating in a reasonable level of engagement with the donor
- cannot be a recipient of another Bertalli Scholarship concurrently.
As part of the application process you will also be required to upload supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Deakin Scholarship Application Portal.
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
If you are successful, you will be contacted by the email address you nominated within your application portal account, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. If you have not received an offer by this time, you have been unsuccessful. You can view the status of your application via your scholarship application portal account.
Next offering period
This scholarship is yet to be confirmed for any future offering periods. Please check back at this page at a later date for any updates.