Applications for Semester 1 2022 open 21 September 2021.
Applications for Semester 1 2022 close 6 December 2021 5pm.
This scholarship is valued at $8000, and includes cash payments of up to $4000, plus a payment of $4000 to be paid directly to your Deakin regional accommodation provider.
This scholarship is available for one year.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- enrolled full time in the third year of the Doctor of Medicine in Semester 1 2022
- enrolled in a Commonwealth supported place (CSP)
- enrolled in Deakin's Rural Community Clinical School
- able to show you receive a means-tested Centrelink benefit or have a personal or combined family taxable income below $56,000, depending on independence status.
As a scholarship recipient you:
- cannot intermit your course during the scholarship period
- must pass all enrolled units
- must provide an introductory statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- must meet the donor at least once over the duration of the scholarship to discuss your university and educational experiences.
- will be invited to give back to the medical community through presentation opportunities to first and second year medical students, regarding your experience in the Rural Community Clinical School
- must provide an impact statement in July 2022
- must consent to the donor sharing your photo and stories, regarding your experience in the Rural Community Clinical School, in marketing publications.
As part of the application process you will also be required to upload supporting documentation.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
When you apply for this scholarship you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
Read more about supporting documentation
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Deakin Scholarship Application Portal.
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
If you are successful, you will be contacted by the email address you nominated within your application portal account, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within four weeks of the application closing date. If you have not received an offer by this time, you have been unsuccessful. You can view the status of your application via your scholarship application portal account.
Next offering period
This scholarship is yet to be confirmed for any future offering periods. Please check back at this page at a later date for any updates.