Applications for Trimester 2 2022 open 16 June 2022.
Applications for Trimester 2 2022 close 14 July 2022 at 5pm.
Cash payments up to $6000 per year for three years.
To be eligible you must be:
- a domestic student
- a commencing student enrolled in an undergraduate bachelor’s degree at Deakin University in Trimester 2 2022
- enrolled full time in a Commonwealth supported place
- from the Western District of Victoria and have completed part of your primary or secondary education in the Western District
- able to demonstrate financial hardship.
As a scholarship recipient, you must:
- complete a yearly impact statement for the duration of the scholarship
- provide an introductory statement about your study goals and what it means to receive this scholarship
- maintain a a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 60 for the scholarship duration
- agree to the University sharing your WAM with the donor for administrative record purposes.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
You can apply for this scholarship directly to Deakin through our Scholarship Application Portal.
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
If you are successful, you will be contacted by the email address you nominated within your application portal account, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within four weeks of the application closing date. If you have not received an offer by this time, you have been unsuccessful. You can view the status of your application via your scholarship application portal account.
Next offering period
This scholarship is yet to be confirmed for any future offering periods. Please check back at this page at a later date for any updates.