Applications for Trimester/Semester 1 2024 open 15 September 2023.
Applications for Trimester/Semester 1 2024 close 14 February 2024 at 5pm.
Maximum payment of up to $7000.
Total benefit is divided into payments of $1750 per credit point and is paid on successful completion of each credit point (maximum of 4 credit points).
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- a female domestic student
- enrolled in M665 Graduate Diploma of Business (Arts and Cultural Management) at Deakin University in Trimester 1 2024
- living in a Victorian rural or regional home location, or be relocating from a Victorian rural or regional home location to study at Deakin University.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- maintain a pass grade on all enrolled units
- provide an introductory statement about their study goals and what it means to receive the scholarship
- provide a completion statement at the end of their studies.
No supporting documentation is required for this scholarship.
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria. It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly to Deakin through our Scholarship Application Portal.
When applying direct to Deakin for this scholarship, select the 'Postgraduate Scholarship Application Tri/Sem 1 2024' option and, if eligible, your application will automatically be considered for this scholarship. This reduces the number of scholarships you have to apply for and increases your chances of receiving a Deakin scholarship.
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide.
You'll ﬁnd out if you were successful up to six weeks after the application close date. You can view the status of your application via your Deakin Scholarship Application Portal account.
About the Donor
This scholarship is generously supported by the Helen Macpherson Smith Trust.