Applications for Trimester 1 2022 open 18 November 2021.
Applications for Trimester 1 2022 close 15 February 2022 at 5pm.
Maximum payment up to $22,100 paid as follows:
- an initial payment of $500, paid after census date in trimester of the award
- cash payments of up $1800 per credit point for a maximum of 12 credit points, paid on successful completion of each credit point.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- a domestic student
- enrolled in M785 Master of Business (Arts and Cultural Management) or M765 Master of Arts and Cultural Management in Trimester 1 2022.
- working in the arts sector in small-to-medium sized organisations or
- who wish to transition their careers into the arts sector and
- living in a remote area.
Preference will be given to individuals:
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- maintain a pass grade on all enrolled units
- provide an introductory statement about their study goals and what it means to receive the scholarship
- complete a yearly impact statement for the duration of the scholarship.
No supporting documentation is required for this scholarship.
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria. It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
You can apply for this scholarship directly to Deakin through our Scholarship Application Portal.
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
If you are successful, you will be contacted by the email address you nominated within your application portal account, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. If you have not received an offer by this time, you have been unsuccessful. You can view the status of your application via your scholarship application portal account.
About the donor
Sue Nattrass AO has made a long and distinguished contribution to the Australian entertainment industry. Sue's career in the Arts spans over 40 years, and she is considered one of Australia’s most experienced and high profile arts managers.
Exemplary of Sue’s commitment to the arts community, she brings her experience and leadership philosophy to Deakin in her capacity as Adjunct Professor, Arts and Cultural Management, as well as in her former role as the chair of the Advisory Board.
Next offering period
This scholarship is yet to be confirmed for any future offering periods. Please check back at this page at a later date for any updates.