Applications for Trimester/Semester 2 2023 open 14 June 2023.
Applications for Trimester/Semester 2 2023 close 13 July 2023 at 5pm.
This scholarship offers cash payments up to $6000 per year.
The maximum value of this scholarship is $18,000 - $24,000, depending on the duration of your course (3 or 4 years).
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be a domestic student
- be commencing at Deakin University in Trimester/Semester 2 2023 and enrolled full time in one of the following undergraduate degrees:
- H300 Bachelor of Health Science
- H344 Bachelor of Psychological Science
- H345 Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
- be experiencing an area of hardship
- be a resident of the City of Greater Geelong (as per council boundaries).
Preference will be given to students who completed their VCE in the City of Greater Geelong.
Areas of hardship
This scholarship aims to provide support for students experiencing hardship.
Areas of hardship include:
- financial hardship – be receiving a means-tested Centrelink benefit or be able to demonstrate personal or family taxable income below $56,000, depending on independence status
- regional or remote home location
- disability/long term medical condition
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background
- recent refugee
- other demonstrable hardship.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- write an introduction statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- provide a completion statement at the conclusion of your studies.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial and/or medical hardship (if applicable).
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
You can apply for this scholarship directly to Deakin through our Scholarship Application Portal.
When applying direct to Deakin for this scholarship, select the 'Undergraduate Scholarship Application Tri/Sem 2 2023' option and, if eligible, your application will automatically be considered for this scholarship.
This reduces the number of scholarships you have to apply for and increases your chances of receiving a Deakin scholarship.
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
If you are successful, you will be contacted by the email address you nominated within your application portal account, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within four weeks of the application closing date. If you have not received an offer by this time, you have been unsuccessful. You can view the status of your application via your scholarship application portal account.
Next offering period
This scholarship is yet to be confirmed for any future offering periods. Please check back at this page at a later date for any updates.