The new building at our Melbourne Burwood Campus will feature four levels of state-of-the-art sport science learning facilities that will:
- accommodate the growing student cohort and program of courses
- offer an increased range of learning experiences in line with industry best-practice
- increase clinical exposure, employability outcomes and pathways for students
- enhance the opportunities for research students and community engagement.
+61 3 5247 9236
World-leading learning facilities
The proposed design reflects the latest developments for equipment and services in the exercise science industry, providing a broad range of learning experiences for students.
The building will:
- feature specialist facilities and equipment for biomechanics, motor learning and exercise prescription teaching
- offer a dedicated Deakin Clinical Exercise Centre and consulting rooms
- include a climate chamber that can simulate extreme temperatures, humidity and altitude
- promote light and movement through a large atrium space with feature staircase and interactive display
- include an open plan workspace for staff and research students
- house a 16 piece cardio area and an open group fitness area with over 40+ stations
- offer a total of five 40m running lanes and a walking track with overhead harness gantry
- use specialised materials to isolate and reduce noise and vibration transfer to adjacent spaces and to the highly sensitive equipment
- feature window treatments to minimise solar gain.
The new Specialised Indoor Exercise and Sport Science Teaching Building (Building U) will be located south of Building J at the Melbourne Burwood Campus, in close proximity to Entrance 1 and adjacent to other School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences activities.
The new building will be operational for Trimester 2, 2019.
*ShanghaiRanking's Global Ranking of Sport Science Schools and Departments 2020