In collaboration with the genomics group, the Smart Sensing Team developed a lateral flow assay for fast, in-field read out of genetic information following amplification of genetic material. This assay a need for fast, in-field determination of genotype at the juvenile stage to predict adult phenotype, a valuable tool to inform selective breeding. Using a novel approach in primer design, the developed method allows for multiplexing or target genes on a single amplification read-out.
Soil Health Group
- Soil health and nutrition
- Plant Microbe interactions
- Novel technologies to deliver agriculturally relevant microbes to cropping systems
- Metal and oxidative stress in microbial metabolism
- Development of molecular tools to assess the effects of abiotic stressors in cropping systems
- Microbial metabolomics