Applications for Trimester 2 2021 open 17 June 2021.
Applications for Trimester 2 2021 close 15 July 2021 at 5pm.
Up to $7000 over two years (total value of this scholarship is $7000).*
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- a domestic student who commenced their studies at Deakin University in 2021
- enrolled in the Bachelor of Commerce in Trimester 2 2021 at Deakin's Warrnambool campus (on campus study)
- enrolled full time in a Commonwealth supported place
- intending to major in Food and Agribusiness by selecting the appropriate unit set for the Food and Agribusiness Major in your first year*
- able to demonstrate financial hardship, either that you receive a means-tested Centrelink benefit or have a personal or combined family taxable income below $56,000, depending on independence status.
Preference given to a student who is able to demonstrate a commitment to the Australian Agricultural and Agribusiness sector.
As a scholarship recipient you will be required to:
- be prepared to attend a meet and greet with the donor
- complete a yearly impact statement for the duration of the scholarship
- provide an introductory statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship.
* To be eligible for payment in the second year of the scholarship, you must be enrolled in the Food and Agribusiness major. This is identified by your course/unit enrolment.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Scholarship Application Portal.
Select the 'Warrnambool Campus Scholarships' option and your application will automatically be considered for all Warrnambool Campus Donor Scholarships in the selection process.
This reduces the number of scholarships you have to apply for and increases your chance of receiving a scholarship.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within four weeks of the application closing date. You can view the status of your application via your Scholarship Application Portal account.