Deakin Alumni Passions CompetitionAlumni news
Deakin alumni, make a short video showing us what you are doing now since graduating and this could be highlighting your professional and/or personal life. The video also needs to incorporate Deakin in some way and this could be a verbal mention of Deakin or the Deakin Alumni Community in talking to the camera, and other creative way such as holding Deakin merchandise or showing the Deakin logo for example.
The video can be filmed on a phone or other method and does not have to appear to be professionally filmed or edited. We are looking forward to seeing where you are now!
You could win one of three A$1500 JB Hi-Fi gift vouchers.
The judging criteria is based on:
- originality and lawfulness
- the extent of creativity of the video
- showing the video audience the interesting locations that alumni are now in (not necessarily different countries, could be a workplace or favourite spot)
- having a mention of Deakin included in some way either verbally or on screen
- to what extent it shows what the alumnus is doing now either professionally or personally which can include interests and hobbies
- the video is not more than two minutes in length
- the video does not need to be professionally filmed or edited.
Terms and conditions
The promoter of this competition is Deakin University ABN 56 721 584 203 of 1 Gheringhap Street, Geelong VIC 3220.
1. Information on how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and entries must comply with these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
2. This competition is governed by the laws in force in the State of Victoria.
3. The competition:
- a. is open to all Deakin alumni and is free to enter
- b. Deakin University alumni need to email a short video of no more than two minutes in length to firstname.lastname@example.org
- c. the video needs to creatively show what alumni are doing now since graduating and this could be highlighting professional and/or personal endeavours. The video also needs to incorporate Deakin in some way and this could be a verbal mention of Deakin in talking to the camera, or the Deakin Alumni Community, or holding Deakin merchandise, or showing the Deakin logo for example
- d. the video can be filmed on a phone or other method and does not have to appear to be professionally filmed or edited
- e. other people can appear in the background of the video only if they are amongst a crowd and not identifiable
- f. the three winners will be selected by the Deakin Alumni Relations team.
4. Criteria for selection will include:
- a. originality and lawfulness
- b. the extent of creativity of the video
- c. showing the video audience the interesting locations that alumni are now in (not necessarily different countries, could be a workplace or favourite spot)
- d. having a mention of Deakin included in some way either verbally or on screen
e. to what extent it shows what the alumnus is doing now either professionally or personally which can include interests and hobbies
f. the video is not more than two minutes in length
g. the video does not need to be professionally filmed or edited.
Chance plays no part in determining the prize winners.
The competition period
5. The competition commences at 9am AEST on 25 July 2019 and closes at 9am AEST on 8 November 2019.
6. The three winners will be selected from those who are eligible.
7. There are three prizes to be awarded. The three winners will each receive a A$1500 JB Hi-Fi gift voucher each.
8. The total prize pool is valued at A$4500.
How to enter
9. Deakin alumni entrants must send the videos to email@example.com during the competition period from their preferred email address including the alumni members’ full name, course studied at Deakin and graduation year. Any other contact details to be updated on behalf of the alumni entrant in the Deakin Alumni Community portal and database can also be included in this email. The video may need to be sent via Dropbox or a similar program to the Deakin Alumni Relations team.
10. To be eligible to enter, entrants also must have up-to-date contact details in the Deakin Alumni Community portal and database and have given Deakin University permission to contact them (ie they must not have not selected or asked the Deakin Alumni Office to mark on their behalf ‘no further email contact’ or ‘no further contact’ from Deakin University in their Deakin privacy settings).
11. Staff employed by the Deakin Advancement division are not eligible to enter the competition.
12. Each alumni member can only enter once. Entrants will only be registered for this competition once regardless of how many videos they submit.
13. The winner will be selected by the judging panel consisting of four staff members from the Deakin Alumni Relations team from the Deakin University Alumni Waurn Ponds Office and Deakin University Burwood Office at 5pm AEST 15 November 2019.
14. The three winners will be notified via phone or email. The name of the winner and runners up will be published online at www.deakin.edu.au/alumni within 15 days of them being chosen.
15. If the winner and runners up do not respond to claim the prize within 14 days of being notified by email under paragraph 14, a redraw will be conducted within 21 days of the competition end date and the substituted winner and runners up will be notified as set out in paragraph 14.
16. Where possible, the prizes will be given to the winners in person at the Deakin University Melbourne Burwood Campus, Deakin University Geelong Waterfront Campus or Deakin Downtown in Melbourne; if it is not possible to award the prize in person due to location, the prize will be sent via email or post.
17. Prizes are not transferable and cannot be substituted for cash. Deakin University’s decision is final and binding - no correspondence will be entered into. Deakin accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. Entries will be deemed void if forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way.
18. If a winner resides outside of Australia, the Deakin Alumni Relations team can assist the winner/s to select their electronic items of choice up to A$1500 as their prizes, and post the chosen items to the winner/winners.
Consent to promotion
19. Entrants consent to Deakin showing all or an edited smaller section of the video that was submitted in this competition for promotional purposes on the Deakin Alumni webpage, dKin alumni enewsletter, dKin magazine, Deakin Alumni PowerPoint presentations at events and in webinars, Deakin Alumni Facebook page and Deakin Alumni LinkedIn page.
20. Entrants consent to Deakin using their name, image or voice for promotional purposes on the Deakin Alumni webpage, dKin alumni enewsletter, dKin magazine, Deakin Alumni PowerPoint presentations at events and in webinars, Deakin Alumni Facebook page and Deakin Alumni LinkedIn page. Winners agree to make themselves available for a photograph and interview in the event and if requested by Deakin University.
21. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the use of the videos.
22. Deakin University is collecting your personal information on the form for the primary purpose of entering you into the 2019 Deakin Alumni Passions Competition and for updating your personal information and responses in the Deakin Alumni Community portal and database. Deakin will use this personal information to select the winner and contact you if you have won. You are not required to provide the information requested, however if the information is not provided, Deakin will not be able to register you for the draw.
24. For further information regarding your personal information please contact us on (03) 5227 8524 or by email to email@example.com