Get out of the classroom and experience real-world business practice first hand. You'll also get to network with professionals in the field you're interested in.
- helps you apply academic learning in the workplace
- polishes the skills and attributes needed for success
- improves your work readiness and general business skills to help with future employment opportunities
- provides assistance to not-for-profit organisations that wouldn't otherwise be supported in this way
- develops your professional work practices and networks.
Deakin gives you exciting and up-to-date training in analytical thinking that can be used across a wide range of occupations.
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS
Get a hands-on approach to learning by taking on an unpaid placement in a not-for-profit, community organisation. Choose to volunteer locally at a nearby hospital or travel overseas to somewhere like Kathmandu to work with the Tilganga Eye Centre.
Community based volunteering helps you:
- give support to organisations that can help people locally and abroad
- develop citizenship, general employability skills and graduate attributes that enhance your future employment opportunities
- appreciate the impact of your role in society.
Get involved with these full-time, intensive placements to help shape your career. You can choose a 3, 6 or 12 month paid placement, where you'll get roughly 80 per cent of a graduate salary.
The program helps you:
- develop the professional skills you'll need in your career
- develop your professional work practices and networks
- secure an opportunity in the government or non-government sector – from local companies to international businesses.
"I was lucky enough to go on exchange to the University of South Florida for what was the best semester of my life."
BACHELOR OF COMMERCE (MAJORING IN FINANCE)/BACHELOR OF LAWS
This initiative lets you tackle a business problem where you currently work and:
- enhances your academic learning in the workplace
- gives employers access to the latest in academic knowledge and skills through their employee
- develops your sense of citizenship, knowledge and skills to succeed in a professional setting.
"I learnt so much about the corporate world and studying overseas was single handily the most amazing, educating and broadening experience of my life."
BACHELOR OF COMMERCE (MAJORING IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND MARKETING)
Gain credit towards our internationally renowned MBA
Gain two credits towards your course by taking part in a significant workplace-based project – locally or overseas – within a business, government department, professional association or charitable organisation.
You'll get to apply the professional and academic skills developed through your studies and showcase your research, analysis, consultancy and presentation skills.