Deakin gives you exciting and up-to-date training in analytical thinking that can be used across a wide range of occupations.
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS
Get involved with these full-time, intensive placements to help shape your career. You can choose a 3, 6 or 12 month paid placement, where you'll get roughly 80 per cent of a graduate salary.
The program helps you:
- develop the professional skills you'll need in your career
- develop your professional work practices and networks
- secure an opportunity in the government or non-government sector – from local companies to international businesses.
Work experience can make all the difference when you graduate and are applying for jobs. Work-integrated learning in the Faculty of Business and Law at Deakin is an opportunity for students to gain work experience and credit towards your degree.
This initiative lets you tackle a business problem where you currently work and:
- enhances your academic learning in the workplace
- gives employers access to the latest in academic knowledge and skills through their employee
- develops your sense of citizenship, knowledge and skills to succeed in a professional setting.
I was able to experience the reality of working in the field which has lead to a full-time position in real estate.
Bachelor of Property & Real Estate, Business Internship: Stockdale & Leggo Blackburn
Gain credit towards our internationally renowned MBA
Gain two credits towards your course by taking part in a significant workplace-based project – locally or overseas – within a business, government department, professional association or charitable organisation.
You'll get to apply the professional and academic skills developed through your studies and showcase your research, analysis, consultancy and presentation skills.