Deakin Alumni Where in the World CompetitionAlumni news
Can you guess the mystery destination?
Clues to a specific location will be shared via our Facebook and LinkedIn pages in October. Solve the mystery and you could win a trip to that fabulous destination valued at A$6000. Follow our social media pages so you're ready to play.
After all 10 clues have been given and you know the exact location, your answer needs to be submitted online via a unique link that will be provided to each individual alumnus in the dKin Times newsletter October edition sent in the last week of October, and via a direct eDM (email) sent in early November. Entries close 14 November 2019.
To be eligible to enter, alumni entrants also must log in to the Deakin University Alumni Community Portal during the competition period and have given Deakin University permission to contact them (they must not have not selected 'no further email contact' or 'no further contact' from Deakin University in their Deakin privacy settings).
If you have any questions please email the Deakin Alumni team.
Terms and conditions
The promoter of this competition is Deakin University ABN 56 721 584 203 of 1 Gheringhap Street, Geelong VIC 3220.
- Information on how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and entries must comply with these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
- This competition is governed by the laws in force in the State of Victoria.
- The competition is:
Open to Deakin University alumni (graduates) and is free to enter;
Deakin alumni need to correctly answer the exact location in this Alumni Where in the World Holiday Competition to go in to the draw to win a holiday package to the ‘mystery destination’ which is the same location described through a series of 10 clues that will be published on the Deakin Alumni Facebook page and Deakin Alumni LinkedIn pages between 12 October 2019 and 27 October 2019;
The ‘mystery destination answer needs to be submitted via a unique link that will be provided to each individual alumnus in the dKin Times newsletter October edition, and via a direct EDM (email) sent in November;
To be eligible to enter, alumni entrants also must log in to the Deakin University Alumni Community Portal during the competition period and have given Deakin University permission to contact them (ie they must not have not selected ‘no further email contact’ or ‘no further contact’ from Deakin University in their Deakin privacy settings).
- Staff employed by Deakin University Advancement and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the competition.
- The competition commences at 9am AEST on 11 October 2019 and closes at 9am AEST on 14 November 2019.
- One alumni winner will be drawn from the eligible entries.
- There is one prize to be awarded
7a. First prize = AU$6000 holiday for two people to the ‘mystery destination’ to be taken by 30 August 2021 including flights, accommodation and a tour. Bookings will be managed through the Deakin Alumni Relations Office and the full booking of the holiday package must be completed by 30 September 2020.
7b. The winner may contribute their own additional funds towards travel and accommodation to extend the holiday if they wish to.
7c. Spending money, meals and all other ancillary costs incurred as a result of taking the prize (including, without limitation, transport, airline and/or airport taxes and transfers, where applicable) are not included in the prize and remain the responsibility of the winners.
7d. The winner may request to substitute the ‘mystery destination’ for a location within Australia only and the prize will be equivalent with flights, accommodation and a tour to the value of AU$6000.
7e. The prize cannot be substituted for cash.
- The total prize pool is valued at AU$6000.
How to Enter
- Entrants who correctly answer the exact location of the ‘mystery destination’ via the unique link that will be provided to each individual alumnus in the dKin Times newsletters September and October editions, and via a direct EDM sent in October, and who log in to the Deakin University Alumni Community Portal during the competition period and have given Deakin University permission to contact them (ie they must not have not selected ‘no further email contact’ or ‘no further contact’ from Deakin University in their Deakin privacy settings), will automatically receive one entry in the competition. Entrants will only be registered for this competition once regardless of how many times they log in and submit answers.
- The winner acknowledges and agrees that by entering this competition:
The winner accepts and acknowledges full responsibility for their decision to participate in this prize.
Deakin and its officers, agents and employees, are and shall be released from all liabilities, loss and damage of any kind arising at any time out of or in connection with the acceptance of, and participation in, the prize. Without limiting the foregoing, the released parties will not be liable for any injury, sickness or death, property loss or damage or other direct or indirect loss or damage of any kind, howsoever sustained or incurred, in connection with or arising out of the acceptance of a participant in the prize or any other aspect of the prize.
- The winner’s name will be drawn on 15 November 2019 at 10am AEST at the Deakin Alumni Office, Deakin University, Waterfront Campus.
- The winner will be notified via email and/or phone. The name of the winner will be published online at http://www.deakin.edu.au/alumni within 15 days of them being chosen and will also be posted on the Deakin Alumni Facebook and LinkedIn pages.
- Where possible, the prize tickets will be given to the winner in person at the Deakin University Burwood Campus, Deakin University Waterfront Campus or Deakin Downtown in Melbourne; if it is not possible to award the prize in person due to location, e-tickets will be emailed.
- If the winner does not respond to claim the prize within 14 days of being notified by email or phone under paragraph 12, a redraw will be conducted within 21 days of the competition end date and the substituted winner will be notified as set out in paragraph 12.
- Prizes are not transferable and cannot be substituted for cash. Deakin University’s decision is final and binding - no correspondence will be entered into. Deakin accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. Entries will be deemed void if forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way.
Consent to Promotion
- Entrants consent to Deakin using their name, image or voice for promotional purposes on the Deakin alumni webpages, dKin alumni enewsletter, dKin magazine, Deakin alumni Facebook page and Deakin alumni LinkedIn page. Winners agree to make themselves available for a photograph and interview in the event and if requested by Deakin.
- Deakin University is collecting your personal information via email for the primary purposes of entering you into the Deakin Alumni Where in the World Competition as well as updating your personal information in the Deakin Alumni Community portal.
- For further information regarding your personal information please contact us on (03) 5227 8524 or by email to email@example.com