Dr Achinto Roy is a Lecturer in the Department of Management in Deakin Business School. In the course of Achinto's academic and professional careers, he has consistently demonstrated the ability to achieve results. He has over 14 years track record as an academic achieving excellent student ratings in all modes of teaching including residential programs and executive education; a consistent publication record in ABDC ranked journals, and effective contribution in internationalisation and a number of other service roles at Deakin and elsewhere.
Achinto is an articulate presenter who takes pride in teaching and student engagement. He has organised a number of student global mobility programs and academic exchanges at Deakin. His research interests are corruption in international business from the lens of ethics and strategy, and International mobility studies of students, academics and institutions.
Achinto possesses over 30 years of business, consulting and investment experience as a Chartered Accountant spanning different countries. He is a current member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants, Australia & NZ and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. He has held middle and senior level positions with professional firms and publicly listed companies, and has held board memberships of closely held companies and trusts in India, NZ, Middle East and Australia, India-New Zealand Business Council and Education Christchurch. Achinto has been on the advisory boards of international schools/education institutions in India and the Middle East by invitation.Read more on Achinto's profile
- Corruption in international business from the lens of ethics and strategy.
- International mobility studies of students, academics and institutions.
- Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand.
- Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
- Member, Australasian Business Ethics Network.
- Member, Australian Case Research Association.
- Member, Indian Academy of Management.
- Director International, Department of Management .
- Editorial Board, International Journal of Business & Globalisation.
- Strategy and Business Ethics
- Accounting & Finance
- IPA 701- Managing Growth of SMEs
- MBA711 - Accounting & Analysis for Managers (MBA)
- MPA751- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- MMM306 - Global Strategy and International Management
- MMM365- Strategic Management
- MMM343 - Business Ethics
- MMM241 - Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- MMM240 - Organisational Behaviour
- MMH230- Strategic Human Resource Management
- MMM262- Understanding Organisations
- MMM382- International Business
- MMM 132 - Principles of Management
- Corruption in International Business and Society
- Corporate Strategy
- Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Accounting Fraud
- Internationalisation and mobility of students, academics and institutions
- Roy, A. and Pattnaik, C., 'Doing Business in India: Institutional Challenges', ANZIBA Annual Conference, Australia, 2015.
- Roy, A. and Banerj, K., 'A Linkage, Learning, Leverage approach to Global expansion strategy for Indian Companies', 3rd Indian Academy of Management Conference, IIM Ahmedabad, India, December 2013.
- Roy, A., 'The Future of Australia's Automobile Industry', 4th Asian Business Management Conference, Japan, November 2013.
- Roy, A., 'Facilitating payments: An ingredient of systemic corruption', Australasian Business Ethics Network (ABEN) Conference, Australia, 2012.
- Roy, A., 'Corruption in the Indian business context', 2nd Indian Academy of Management Conference, IIM Bangalore, India, December 2011.
- Roy, A., 'Dealing with Corruption and Bribery in a Host Country', Australian & New Zealand Academy of Management Conference (ANZAM), Monash University, Australia, December 2009.
- Roy, A. (2009) ‘Examining the Tata Nano Project’ at the 16th International Conference for Promoting Business Ethics, University of Niagara, USA, October 2009.
- Roy, A., 'Bribes Vs. Gifts', 8th International Conference on Knowledge, Culture and Change Management, University of Cambridge, UK, August 2008.
- Roy, A., 'India’s Special Economic Zones: Ethical issues and their Resolution', 14th Annual International Vincentian Business Ethics Conference, De Paul University, USA, 1-3 November 2007.
- Roy, A., 'Ethical Issues in India’s financial markets', European Business Ethics Network (EBEN) Research Conference, University of Bergamo, Italy, 21-23 June 2007.
- Roy, A. (2006) ‘Dealing with Corruption in Global Business: through a CRDM process’, 19th EBEN Conference, Vienna, Austria, September 2006.
- Roy, A. (2006) ‘Good governance in Corruption-related situations”: A CRDM approach, published as proceedings of the National Conference on Business Ethics, SIES Institute of Management, Mumbai, India, August 2006
- Roy, A. and Singer A.E., 'Reducing Corruption: Some Individual, Organisational and Political Approaches', 19th ANZAM Conference, Australia, December 2005.
- Roy, A., 'Corruption-related Decision-making and Multinational Business Decisions', Beyond Fragmented Government: Governance in Public Sector Conference, Victoria University, Australia, August 2005.
- Roy, A., 'Introducing Corruption-related Decision-making in the Multinational Business Context', European Business Ethics Network (EBEN) Research Conference, Estonian Business School, Estonia, June 2005.
- Roy, A., 'A CRDM Model for Multinational Business Managers', Published as Proceedings of the 8th Post Graduate Researchers Conference at Waikato Management School, University of Waikato, New Zealand, 2005.
Roy, A. and Singer, A.E., 'Reducing Corruption in International Business Decisions: Prospects, Frameworks and Techniques', Published as Proceedings of the Third ISBEE World Congress on Business Ethics, University of Melbourne, Australia, July 2004.
- Business and Diaspora History of Armenians, The Telegraph India, India, 8 April 2018.
- Combating a culture of kickbacks, Risk, p. 14, LexisNexis Butterworths, Chatswood, N.S.W. [M.1], 2010.
'When is a gift really a bribe?', The Drum, ABC News, Australia, 2010.
- Centre for Sustainable & Responsible Organisations
- Vice Chancellor's Award for Outstanding Contribution to Global Experience, 2018.
- Faculty Staff Award, Outstanding Contribution to our Students, Staff, Alumni and Friends, 2014.
- Teaching Fellowship, Linnaeus University, Sweden, 2013.
A Roy, A Newman, T Ellenberger, A Pyman
(2018), Studies in higher education, Abingdon, Eng., C1
A Roy, R Roy
(2017), Vol. 10, pp. 137-151, Diaspora studies, Abingdon, Eng., C1
A Newman, H Round, S Bhattacharya, A Roy
(2017), Vol. 27, pp. 475-512, Business ethics quarterly, Cambridge, Eng., C1
R Lahiri-Roy, A Roy
(2014), Vol. 8, pp. 1-14, International journal of interdisciplinary civic and political studies, Champaign, Ill., C1
(2014), Vol. 10, pp. 28-32, Academy of Taiwan business management review, Taichung City, Taiwan, C1
(2013), Vol. 9, pp. 20-24, Academy of Taiwan Business Management Review, Taiwan, C1
A Roy, R Lahiri-Roy
(2012), Vol. 11, pp. 133-142, International journal of knowledge, culture and change management, Altona, Vic., C1
(2012), Vol. 8, pp. 1-5, Academy of Taiwan business management review, Taichung City, Taiwan, C1
A Roy, R Lahiri-Roy
(2011), Vol. 6, pp. 183-192, International journal of interdisciplinary social sciences, Altona, Vic., C1
(2010), Vol. 5, pp. 188-199, International journal of business and globalisation, Olney, England, C1
A Roy, R Lahiri-Roy
(2010), Vol. 9, pp. 39-47, The International journal of knowledge, culture & change management, Altona, Vic., C1
(2010), Vol. 5, pp. 260-272, International journal of business and globalisation, Olney, England, C1
(2009), pp. 1-15, ANZAM 2009 : Sustainable management and marketing, Melbourne, Victoria, E1
(2009), Vol. 9, pp. 59-70, The international journal of knowledge, culture and change management, Altona, Vic., C1
(2008), Vol. 8, pp. 143-152, The International Journal of Knowledge, Culture, and Change Management: Annual Review, C1
(2008), Management 2008 : Abstracts from the 8th International Conference on Knowledge, Culture and Change in Organisations, Cambridge, England, E1-1
(2007), Vol. 1, pp. 311-327, International Journal of Business and Globalisation, C1-1
(2007), Vol. 5, pp. 35-45, New Zealand journal of applied business research, Christchurch, N.Z., C1-1
A Roy, A Singer
(2007), Vol. 8, pp. 64-74, International Journal of Management and Decision Making, C1-1
A Roy, A Singer
(2006), Vol. 10, pp. 3-24, Journal of economic & social policy, Canberra, A.C.T., C1-1
(2006), Proceedings of the National Conference on Business Ethics, Mumbai, India, E1-1
A Roy, A Singer
(2005), ANZAM 2005 : Engaging the multiple contexts of management : convergence and divergence of management theory and practice : proceedings of the 19th ANZAM conference, Canberra, A.C.T., E1-1
(2004), Proceedings of the 8th Annual Waikato Management School Student Research Conference, Waikato, New Zealand, E1-1
A Roy, A Singer
(2004), pp. 1-16, ISBEE 2004 : Proceedings of the third International Society of Business, Economics and Ethics World Congress, Melbourne, Victoria, E1-1
Funded Projects at Deakin
No Funded Projects at Deakin found
No completed student supervisions to report