Kellie Tobin is Course Director and lecturer in the Master of Applied Learning & Teaching. Kellie’s current academic role and previous work as a teacher in secondary schools has focused on social justice education. She has worked across various education fields to build access and equity for students, building strong partnerships in the field of Initial Teacher Education. At Deakin University she teaches in the areas of Middle Years Education, teaching Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Students and Literacy and Numeracy. Kellie has also served in a range of other capacities including the School Centre’s for Teaching Excellence Site Director, Wannik Strategy Co-coordinator for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Students and as a secondary school teacher.Read more on Kellie's profile
Vice Chancellor's Award for Outstanding Contribution to Partnerships 2015, Aspire Program, Deakin University.
- Kellie's current doctoral research is investigating the challenge of creating and maintaining enduring school-university partnerships in Initial Teacher Education with a focus on preparing pre-service teachers to be ready to teach in schools.
- Kellie is the Chief Investigator on a HEPP-funded research project ASPIRE - investigating strategies to improve school student access to higher education.
- (2016) AARE TERI Sig - Educating Teachers: Innovative Perspectives in Professional Experience. Noosa, Australia.
- (2015) Deakin University Access and Equity Youth Conference - Presenter: Raising Aspirations to Higher Education - ASPIRE. Geelong, Australia.
- (2015) ATEA Conference - Presenter with Associate Professor Damian Blake: Deakin University Teaching Academies. Darwin, Australia.
- (2015) Presenter/Facilitator - Deakin University Aspire Launch. Geelong, Australia.
- (2014) AARE Conference - Presenter: Crossing Boundaries and Building Enduring Partnerships in Initial Teacher Education. Adelaide, Australia.
- (2013) AARE Conference - Presenter: School Centres for Teaching Excellence. Sydney, Australia.
- Aspire in the Media - Things looking up for learners at all levels http://geelongindy.com.au/2016-07-27/things-looking-up-for-learners-at-all-levels/
- ACDE Partnership showcase : The Teaching Academies (formerly SCTE) aim to create more seamless transitions between universities and schools. The program is believed to be a world first - www.acde.edu.au/videos/
- AITSL Showcase - Quality school/university partnerships http://www.aitsl.edu.au/docs/default-source/video-transcripts-resources/site-coordination-quality-school-university-partnerships-transcript.rtf?sfvrsn=2
- Kids Aspire to Uni: Degrees of success for Corio students. http://geelongindy.com.au/indy/2012-05-11/kids-aspire-to-uni-degrees-of-success-for-corio-students/
- DET SCTE showcase http://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/programs/partnerships/Pages/partnernationalsteach.aspx
- AEU News Issus 7 Term 4 2012 - Eruption of New Talent https://issuu.com/aeuvic/docs/news_7_2012_complete_lo_res/22
2015 - Vice Chancellor's Award for Outstanding Contribution to Partnerships, Aspire Program, Deakin University