Deakin, Netball Australia and Suncorp Super Netball are giving you the chance to win the ultimate access-all-areas learning experience. Go behind the scenes at the Suncorp Super Netball Grand Final (15 September) and see how one of the biggest events in the sporting calendar comes together.
From meeting commentators to interviewing the winning captain after the siren, you get unrivalled access to the inner sanctum as the final unfolds.
In this once-in-a-lifetime experience you can:
- meet the Channel Nine commentary team as an intro to sports broadcasting
- help with activations from an exclusive courtside location
- watch the final from the best seats in the house
- join the post-match celebrations
- interview a player after the final
- attend the post-match press conference
- write a post-match report, published on Netball Australia's website and social channels.
Prize includes accommodation and flights for you and a friend or family member to the grand final city.*
To enter, tell us in 50 words or less:
What do you want to learn by going behind the scenes at the Suncorp Super Netball Grand Final and why?
Terms and conditions apply.
This competition has now closed.
Deakin all access – terms and conditions
The promoter of this Competition is:
ABN 56 721 584 203
of 1 Gheringhap Street, Geelong, Victoria, 3220.
- Information on how to enter this Competition forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and entries must comply with these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
- This Competition is governed by the laws in force in the State of Victoria.
- This Competition is free to enter and is open to all who complete and submit a 50 word competition entry located at www.deakin.edu.au/allaccessnetball between 10th June 2019 and 26th July 2019 in the manner set out in these Terms and Conditions.
Eligibility to Enter
- Entrants may only register for this Competition once.
- Employees of Deakin and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter this Competition.
- To be eligible for the prize, entrants must reside in Australia.
- Entrants under 18 years of age must obtain the prior permission of their parent or legal guardian in order to be able to enter. Deakin may require any such entrant’s parent or legal guardian to sign a release at Deakin’s discretion in which the parent or legal guardian accepts responsibility for the acts and forbearances of the winner. The release will include the parent or legal guardian’s full name, address and telephone number. Failure to agree to the release and provide these details will invalidate the winner’s entitlement to the prize.
- This Competition commences at 9.00 am AEST on 10 June 2019 and closes at 11.59 pm AEST on 26th July 2019.
- The main prize winner will win a day’s immersive, behind the scenes experience with Netball Australia at the Suncorp Super Netball Grand Final to take place on Sunday 15th September 2019. The prize will involve the following activities:
- Attend event rehearsals
- Attend pre-event broadcast run-through
- Watch players arrive and walk to change rooms
- Meet Channel 9 commentators
- Assist with on-court activations during match
- Be on court for post-match celebrations
- Interview an athlete after the match
- Attend the post-match press conference
- As part of their prize, the prize winner will also win TWO court-side tickets for the match for the winner and their designated guest.
- The prize winner will receive flights and accommodation for TWO people for ONE night (Saturday 14th September) with location dependent on where the Grand Final will be hosted. The prize winner will also receive a $350 loaded cash card to cover transport and food allowances over the weekend.
- The behind the scenes experience will be for the prize winner ONLY (ONE person) and as per the requirements of Netball Australia, cannot extend to the prize winner’s guest.
- ONE prize winner will be drawn at random, with THREE runner-up prizes also given away. All prize details are listed below:
(a) First prize = Weekend away for the SSN Grand Final including a behind the scenes, all access experience day with Netball Australia valued at $2,500
(b) Second prize = 1 signed Netball Australia netball valued at $100
(c) Third prize = 1 signed Netball Australia netball valued at $100
(d) Fourth prize = 1 signed Netball Australia netball valued at $100
The total prize pool is valued at $2,800
How to Enter
- Entrants must submit a written entry in response to the following question:
"In 50 words or less, what do you want to learn by going behind the scenes at the Suncorp Super Netball Grand Final and why?"
- Entrants will then be asked to give their name, address, email address, mobile phone number and their preferred area of study (if applicable).
- Entrants who successfully complete and submit their 50 word proposal will automatically receive one entry into this Competition.
Selection and Notification of Winners
- The prize draw will be conducted on 26th July at 10.00am at Marketing Division, Deakin University Burwood, 221 Burwood Highway, Burwood VIC 3125
- Winners will be notified by email and/or phone. The names of the winners will also be published on Deakin’s social and web channels within 7 days of the date of the draw.
- Bastion EBA will contact and communicate with the winner on behalf of Deakin University.
- If under 16 years of age, to be eligible for the prize, the prize winner must submit a valid signed parental or legal guardian consent form within 7 clear days of the Entrant being contacted by Bastion EBA. If not, Deakin will be entitled to select an alternative winner.
- If the winner of a prize does not claim the prize within 72 hours of the date of the draw, a re-draw will be conducted within 96 hours of the original draw date.
- Prizes are not transferrable and are not redeemable for cash. Deakin’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. Deakin accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. Entries will be deemed void if forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way.
Further Prize details
- By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to signing a disclaimer/waiver form on the day of the experience, as supplied by Netball Australia.
- Netball Australia reserve the right to change and make amendments to the itinerary, should Netball Australia Events Department have commitments that dictate the need to do so. Prize details and itinerary, as stated in Section 9, are subject to change based on the needs of Netball Australia.
- Deakin University agree to cover flights for TWO people, flying economy ONLY and to the limit of $1250 inclusive of both flights. Accommodation will be covered to the value of $450 with one shared room ONLY. Deakin University are not responsible for any extra costs incurred with or through travel, including delays and cancellations.
- The prize winner, if under 18, must be supported by someone over 18 years of age for the experience. Names and details of the experience attendees will need to be sent to Deakin in advance.
- The winner acknowledges and accepts that activities that form part of the prize may involve inherent risks and may result in injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses. Deakin is not responsible for any acts of god, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may take place. The winner must make his or her own enquiries about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel.
- Except as provided above, the winner/s (and their companion/s) is/are responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the prize), energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- The prize is for the specified dates of the event only. If the winner (for whatever reason) is unable to travel or does not take an element of the prize within the time stipulated by Deakin then the prize will be forfeited and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the major prize. Deakin makes no representations or warranties about the attendance at the event of any individuals or groups involved in the marketing of the event.
- By entering this competition, entrants accept and acknowledge full responsibility for their decision to participate in this prize should they be chosen as winners. The winners release Deakin and other organisers, their related bodies corporate, affiliates, officers, agents and employees, from all liabilities, loss and damage of any kind arising at any time out of or in connection with the acceptance of, and participation in, the prize. Without limiting the foregoing, the released parties not be liable for any injury, sickness or death, property loss or damage or other direct or indirect loss or damage of any kind, howsoever sustained or incurred, in connection with or arising out of the prize or any other aspect of the prize. The winner acknowledges that they have been warned that there is a possibility of an accident causing injury, death or property damage in accepting the prize and that he or she may be excluded from participation in the prize if Deakin or other organisers consider that he or she is not fit to participate.
Consent to Promotion
- Entrants consent to Deakin using their name, image or voice for promotional purposes, including and not limited to filming on the day of the experience. Entrants agree to make themselves available for photograph and interview in the event theirs is the winning entry and if requested by Deakin.
- Deakin University is collecting your personal information on this form for the primary purpose of entering you into Deakin All Access Competition. Deakin will use this personal information to select the winner and contact you if you have won.
- You are not required to provide the information requested, however if the information is not provided, Deakin may not be able to register you for the draw.
- For further information regarding your personal information please contact us on (03) 5227 8524 or by email to email@example.com
*Grand final location to be confirmed on 1 September 2019.