Applications for Trimester 1 2021 open 31 August 2020.
Applications for Trimester 1 2021 close 25 January 2021 at 5pm.
Cash payment of up to $10,000 over two years.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- a domestic student
- enrolled full time in a Commonwealth supported place in your second year of a Bachelor of Commerce degree at the Warrnambool campus (on campus study) in Trimester 1 2021
- majoring in Food and Agribusiness.
Preference will be given to students who are:
- a resident of rural or regional Victoria from the Great South coast region
- able to demonstrate a commitment to the Australian Agriculture and Agribusiness sector.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- write an introductory statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- complete a yearly impact statement for the duration of the scholarship
- maintain a pass grade on all enrolled subjects
- maintain a full-time study load for the duration of the scholarship
- be prepared to attend a meet and greet with the donor
- remain enrolled in a Food and Agribusiness major for the duration of the scholarship.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your commitment to the Australian Agricultural and Agribusiness sector.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Deakin Scholarship Application Portal.
Select the 'Warrnambool Campus Scholarships' option and your application will automatically be considered for all Warrnambool Campus Donor Scholarships and the Deakin Warrnambool Residential Scholarship in the selection process.
This reduces the number of scholarships you have to apply for and increases your chance of receiving a scholarship.
Don’t forget to also apply for the ‘Deakin Funded Scholarships Program' and, if eligible, your application will automatically be considered for the Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Scholarship, the Deakin Scholarship for Excellence and the Deakin Student Support Scholarship in the selection process.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can view the status of your application via your Scholarship Application Portal account.