Applications for Trimester 1 2020 open 27 August 2019.
Applications for Trimester 1 2020 close 22 January 2020 5pm.
Up to $10 000 over two years.
An accommodation discount of 10% will be available to successful applicants for the two year duration of the scholarship.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- a domestic student
- a student enrolled full time in your second year of a Bachelor of Commerce degree at the Warrnambool campus (on campus study) in Trimester 1 2020
- majoring in Food and Agribusiness.
Preference will be given to students who are:
- residents of the Great South Coast region of Victoria
- able to demonstrate a commitment to the Australian Agriculture and Agribusiness sector.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- write an introductory statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- complete a yearly impact statement for the duration of the scholarship
- maintain a pass grade on all enrolled subjects
- be prepared to attend a meet and greet with the donor
- remain enrolled in a Food and Agribusiness major for the duration of the scholarship.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your commitment to the Australian Agricultural and Agribusiness sector.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Submit an application for this scholarship directly via our Course and Scholarship Applicant portal
Select the 'Warrnambool Campus Scholarships' option and your application will automatically be considered for all Warrnambool Campus Donor Scholarships and the Deakin Warrnambool Residential Scholarship in the selection process.
This reduces the number of scholarships you have to apply for and increases your chance of receiving a scholarship.
Don’t forget to also apply for the ‘Deakin Funded Scholarships Program' and your application will automatically be considered for the Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Scholarship, the Deakin Scholarship for Excellence and the Deakin Student Support Scholarship in the selection process.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.