Applications for Trimester 1 2020 open 4 December 2019.
Applications for Trimester 1 2020 close 22 January 2020 5pm.
Cash payment of up to $5000 for one year.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident
- a commencing student enrolled full time in an undergraduate bachelor’s degree at Deakin University in Trimester 1 2020
- able to demonstrate financial hardship.
Preference will be given to year 12 school leavers.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- write an introductory statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- complete a yearly impact statement for the duration of the scholarship
- participate in the Freemasons Foundation Victoria scholars network, including attending the Freemasons Foundation Scholarship Awards night.
The recipient of this scholarship cannot hold another scholarship concurrently.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
Apply through VTAC
If you’re applying to study at Deakin through VTAC and you complete a VTAC scholarship application, you’ll automatically be considered for this scholarship.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You’ll find out if you were successful usually within four weeks of the application closing date. You can view the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account..