We aim to provide service excellence and a clear service offering for our many customers in business partnering, as well as commercial acumen, financial systems and financial advice to our customers.
Finance partnering and performance
- Operational and strategic financial management across all faculties and portfolios
- Management reporting and preparation of forecast and budget submissions, business case development and contract management
- Data analytics and business insights
- Delivery of the university’s triennial and longer term financial plans
- Monitoring and reporting on university financial performance
- Delivery of high quality accounting services across all aspects of research grants and financial support to faculties, strategic research centres and institutes
- Accounting issues and standards advice, account reconciliation, financial compliance and internal control framework
- Financial accounting services across areas such as statutory reporting, cash management, tax, business asset accounting and general ledger.
- Purchasing transactional tasks such as raising and receipting purchase orders, supplier invoice requests and ad hoc payments
- Supplier master data management
- Accounts payable and receivable transactions including reviewing purchasing processes, payments and approvals, creating supplier invoices, processing credit notes, reconciling statements, journals and providing remittance advice
- Administration of corporate credit cards
- Expense transactions – cash and credit card
- International Student support including raising OSHC policies and student refunds as well as payment of agent commissions
- Customer service and support.
Finance strategic and commercial
- Oversight and governance of projects through the Deakin Portfolio Office
- Commercial evaluation of all project and funding proposals
- Provision of strategic guidance and advice in relation to commercial opportunities and investments
- Oversight of the development and submission of financial reporting on commercial matters for the Chief Financial Officer, Portfolio Board, Finance and Business Affairs Committee and Council.
- Investment management
- Insurance policies for the university, students, staff and relevant third parties
- Oversight, management and continuous improvement of Deakin's financial systems
- Innovation and continuous improvement projects, processes and initiatives.
Change and capability
- Provision of training and communications
- Workforce planning and initiatives
- Capability, development and induction.
+61 3 9244 6334
Email Deakin Finance