The centre at a glance
- Conveniently located in central Werribee, the learning centre provides facilities and support to all Deakin students, including those studying online via the Cloud or at a campus.
- Just like you’d find at one of our campuses, there are fully equipped classrooms, study rooms and IT support.
- Certificates, diplomas and a suite of accredited courses are all offered by The Gordon TAFE.
Werribee train station is a short 450-metre walk from the learning centre. The train station is serviced by the Werribee line, as well as numerous bus lines.
Werribee has great bike paths and bike lanes – the Federation Trail and Werribee River Trail are two highlights and, if you're really keen, you can ride all the way from Melbourne's CBD.
By car from Melbourne, the learning centre is about 30 minutes away if you get a good run with light traffic.
- Take the M1 south west
- Take the Princes Highway/C109 exit towards Werribee
- Turn right on to Bridge Street
You can park your vehicle in surrounding streets and car parks close to the Werribee Learning Centre.
Everything you need
- Computer workstations with Deakin software installed
- Wi-fi internet access using Eduroam
- Printing and copying facilities
- Premium connected rooms for conferences, meetings and studying
- Audiovisual facilities with large interactive screens
- Kitchen facilities
- Disability access with wheelchair ramps and parking
Centre staff can assist you with a range of support services including:
- Course advice
- Scholarship applications
- Class and seminar timetables
- Individual support such as applying for special consideration
- Advice and referral to other appropriate student services
- Room bookings
Onsite access is available on Mondays and Tuesdays. Otherwise centre staff will ensure you get the help you need.
Enhanced Mentor Services
From the start of Trimester 3, you can access more support services and student assistance at the Werribee Learning Centre. Learning Centre Mentors will be the first point of contact for academic support, such as assistance with writing and maths queries, plus study advice and referral to other services.
These special mentors are successful Deakin students who are experienced writing, maths or unit mentors. They have completed additional training so that they can assist you with a broader range of queries including study planning, problem solving and course related information.
Your Learning Centre Mentors will be available throughout the trimester (except 23 December 2019 – 10 January 2020) on:
- Tuesday 12–2pm
- Wednesday 5–7pm.
+61 3 5227 2001
9 Bridge Street
Werribee, Victoria 3030
9am-5pm Monday-Tuesday and Thursday-Friday (except exam weeks, trimester breaks and closedown periods)
9am-7pm Wednesday (except exam weeks, trimester breaks and closedown periods)