The Werribee Learning Centre will reopen on Monday 18 January 2021. This will be subject to Government restrictions and Deakin University campus reactivation procedures.
The centre at a glance
- Conveniently located in central Werribee, the learning centre provides facilities and support to all Deakin students, including those studying online via the Cloud or at a campus.
- Just like you’d find at one of our campuses, there are fully equipped classrooms, study rooms and IT support.
- Certificates, diplomas and a suite of accredited courses are all offered by The Gordon TAFE.
Werribee train station is a short 450-metre walk from the learning centre. The train station is serviced by the Werribee line, as well as numerous bus lines.
Werribee has great bike paths and bike lanes – the Federation Trail and Werribee River Trail are two highlights and, if you're really keen, you can ride all the way from Melbourne's CBD.
By car from Melbourne, the learning centre is about 30 minutes away if you get a good run with light traffic.
- Take the M1 south west
- Take the Princes Highway/C109 exit towards Werribee
- Turn right on to Bridge Street
You can park your vehicle in surrounding streets and car parks close to the Werribee Learning Centre.
Everything you need
- Computer workstations with Deakin software installed
- Wi-fi internet access using Eduroam
- Printing and copying facilities
- Premium connected rooms for conferences, meetings and studying
- Audiovisual facilities with large interactive screens
- Kitchen facilities
- Disability access with wheelchair ramps and parking
Centre staff can assist you with a range of support services including:
- Course advice
- Scholarship applications
- Class and seminar timetables
- Individual support such as applying for special consideration
- Advice and referral to other appropriate student services
- Room bookings
Contact the IT Service Desk for assistance.