Located on Level 3 of Building GB, the space will feature a new industry-based learning facility for the Capstone Program within the School of IT and an Interactive Digital Centre (IDC) in partnership with EON Reality.
The expansion is the second stage of works on Level 3; transforming 1280m2 of vacant floor area into professional workspaces and cutting-edge technology facilities for Deakin students.
Trimester 1, 2019
03 9246 8490
The Capstone Program provides final-year School of IT students with an authentic learning space to engage with external organisations and solve real-world problems and challenges faced by industry.
Features of the new space include:
- ideation walls to foster design thinking in projects
- software engineering lab for a dedicated team of developers
- studio co-workspace for student collaboration
- showcase spaces for presentations
- centrally located meeting and focus rooms with the IDC
- kitchen and breakout space
- dedicated entrance and exit for students.
EON – Interactive Digital Centre (IDC)
The new IDC will become a hub for augmented and virtual reality courses, research and industry advancement in partnership with EON Reality - a world leader in scalable virtual reality and augmented reality-based knowledge transfer solutions. Find out more about their worldwide IDCs.
It will include a range of specialised augmented reality technology including:
- EON ICubeTM - a PC based multi-sided virtual reality environment in which users become completely immersed through imagery and sound
- EON Holographic – 3D projection spaces
- EON Icatcher mini – projection space where users interact with individual 3D objects and complete virtual environments.
Additional facilities and amenities on Level 3 at Greenwood Park will include:
- EON studios and workspace areas
- tea point for staff and student use
- reception area and greeting point for industry attendees
- centrally located meeting and focus rooms.
Construction timing and impacts
- August 2018 - early preparation works begin
- September 2018 - main construction works begin
- Trimester 1, 2019 – new space operational