The DIRC is jointly funded by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ), KPMG and the Deakin Business School.
In 2022, the DIRC published a white paper in partnership with CA ANZ and ACCA, Supporting SMEs in Australia for Future Success: Exploring how to improve SMEs’ business performance utilising integrated thinking and integrated reporting concepts. The centre has also published a white paper titled Review of ASX 300 Corporate Governance Recommendation 4.3 Disclosures: Effectiveness of communication and efficacy of integrity enhancement processes.
The DIRC develops and delivers the MAA267 and MAA767 Enterprise Value Creation: Sustainability and Integrated Reporting unit to undergraduate and postgraduate students at Deakin University. We’ve also developed and delivered executive education materials on ‘Introduction to Integrated Reporting’ to workshop participants from CA ANZ, ACCA and the Australian Institute of Company Directors. In addition, the DIRC is collaborating with DeakinCo. in developing executive education programs and materials.
The DIRC continues to support KPMG in data collection and analysis for the annual KPMG ASX 200 Corporate Reporting Survey and the Value Reporting Foundation (soon to be the IFRS Foundation) for the annual ‘Integrated Reporting Critique Project’.
We actively encourage interdisciplinary research through initiatives such as faculty-level symposiums, discussing opportunities for research collaborations on better business reporting.
Professor Peter Carey
Director – Research
Professor Roger Simnett
Director – Thought Leadership and Industry Engagement
(Professor of Practice in Integrated Reporting)
Director – Education and Training
Dr Peter Vuong
Dr Eka Tan
- John Stanhope – Advisory Board Chair; Chancellor, Deakin University; Co-Vice Chair of the IIRC, Value Reporting Foundation
- Professor Mervyn King – Judge Professor, Emeritus Chair, Value Reporting Foundation
- Mike Suffield – Director – Professional Insights, ACCA
- Sharath Martin – Senior Policy Consultant, ACCA Australia and New Zealand
- Simon Hann – Group Executive Education and Learning, CAANZ
- Karen McWilliams – Business Reform Leader, CAANZ
- Professor Sanjay Kallapur – Professor of Accounting, Indian School of Business
- Mr Nick Ridehalgh – Director, Lead Better Business Reporting and CFO Advisory, KPMG
- Ms Liz Prescott – Technical Director of the IIRC, Value Reporting Foundation
- Marina Michaeledis – Deputy Technical Director, Australian Auditing Standards Board
- Sara Daymond – Head of Retirement, Aware Super
- Pru Bennett – Partner, Brunswick Group
- Professor Yew Kee Ho – Associate Provost (SkillsFuture), Singapore Institute of Technology
- Professor Anne Wyatt
- Professor Colin Higgins
- Professor Jean Du Plessis
- Dr Ali Yaftian
- Dr Dale Fu
- Dr Sagarika Mishra
- Dr Simona Scarparo
- Dr Thusitha Dissanayake
- Dr Vincent Bicudo De Castro
- Dr Xikai Chen
Member benefits and application
Members of DIRC are provided with various benefits, including:
- invitation to regular integrated reporting-related research roundtable
- regular updates on the development around IR and broader corporate reporting
- access to DIRC-related research funding
- access to proprietary database
- access to experts in the area of integrated reporting and broader corporate reporting.
If you are interested in becoming a member of DIRC, please fill out our becoming a member form.
For more information about DIRC please contact:
Professor Peter Carey
Telephone: +61 (03) 9244 6267
Email: Professor Peter Carey