Re-admission (non-academic exclusion)
Students whose enrolment has been discontinued (e.g. termination for non-payment of fees and re-application for the following trimester, withdrawal from studies or allowing enrolment to lapse) may apply for re-admission.
Before submitting your re-admission application, please contact Student Central to clear your administrative encumbrance (e.g. payment of outstanding fees). Please note that your application cannot be processed if you have any outstanding administrative encumbrance.
How to apply for re-admission
Apply through StudyLink Connect and provide the following documentation:
1. A personal statement outlining:
- your motivation for returning to study,
- how your circumstances have changed since you discontinued,
- what efforts you will make to support your success if you return to study.
2. Original certified copies of all academic transcripts/certificates for all programs completed/enrolled at other institutions after you have discontinued from Deakin University, including all CoEs obtained for your student visa, if any.
3. Proof of English language proficiency (if required).
4. Documents/evidence of your activities and relevant departure and arrival dates in Australia since your discontinuation, such as air tickets and passport, current visa status in Australia (if applicable).
5. Documents/evidence of other relevant factors that caused your decision to discontinue your studies at Deakin.
Please indicate in the application form that you are a previous Deakin student and include your Deakin student ID if known.
Deakin does not return original hard copy documents. Where possible, you should submit original certified copies. Where Deakin has requested original documents to be mailed, Deakin is unable to return these documents.
For any enquiries, please email our admissions team.
Application deadlines for re-admission (academic exclusion)
Application deadlines for re-admission (Non-academic exclusion)
Students who are currently outside Australia
For Trimester 1 start, the deadline is 15 January.
For Trimester 2 start, the deadline is 15 May.
For Trimester 3 start, the deadline is 15 September.
Students who are currently in Australia
For Trimester 1 start, the deadline is 31 January.
For Trimester 2 start, the deadline is 31 May.
For Trimester 3 start, the deadline is 30 September.