Trimester 1, 2017
+61 3 9244 5326
A new home for new media
This project provides:
- a green-screen studio linked to the newsroom and other creative production suites, enabling production of video content
- a collaborative news production area with an editorial hub, including workstations and monitors to stream live TV news channels
- editing booths for audio and audiovisual editing, and to conduct recorded interviews in acoustically quiet spaces
- a creative media lab and workspace for the production of physical media
- shared computer spaces for students to work together on a single digital production
- agile creative spaces for collaborative learning and team projects.
Supporting student learning
The new Newsroom and Creative Media Lab is ideal for students studying a range of our communication and creative arts degrees.
It also supports the journalism and digital media specialisations in the Master of Communication.
Learn about Deakin’s media, communication and creative arts courses