Equipment and technology
The labs have a variety of equipment including:
- GDS 100kN load frame for – used for measurement of California bearing ratio or unconfined compressive strength testing.
- GDS automated odometer systems – used for consolidation and shrink swell testing of soil samples (remoulded or in-situ).
- GDS automated triaxial system – used for consolidated drained triaxial, consolidated undrained triaxial, unconsolidated undrained triaxial and permeability of a soil constant head.
- GDS dynamic triaxial testing system (ELDYN) – used for resilient modulus test, cyclic loading, static loading and permeability of a soil constant head.
- Hydraulics and hydrology equipment: Armfield 5m flume, Armfield hydrology study system and Armfield fluids benches.
Our partners become valued members of the wider Deakin engineering family, not just our school. Opportunities to partner with us include work-integrated learning and industry-based learning and placements, student projects, and commercial research projects and services.
Study with us
Deakin offers the following study and research options:
- Undergraduate students can study through our Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours).
- Postgraduate students can study through either our Master of Engineering or Master of Engineering (Professional) specialising in civil engineering.
- Research studies can be undertaken through our Master of Engineering and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) higher degree by research degrees.