Equipment and technology
The labs have a variety of equipment including:
- aerosol size and particle counter
- biogas generation system with gas analysis
- total organic carbon analyser with total nitrogen detection
- water quality parameters with either HACH or Merck spectrophotometers
- access to inductively coupled plasma – optical emission spectrometry
- mobile water monitoring station
- jar testing equipment for coagulation optimisation
- ozone treatment system
- assorted filter columns
- forward and reverse osmosis systems
- membrane distillation equipment.
Equipment that's recently been purchased includes a lab scale biogas generation system with gas analyser and air quality equipment such as an optical particle sizer and counter.
Our partners become valued members of the wider Deakin engineering family, not just our school. Opportunities to partner with us include work-integrated learning and industry-based learning and placements, student projects, and commercial research projects and services.