Equipment and technology
The labs include the following equipment and technology:
- SEM (Joel IT 300)
- DSC (PerkinElmer)
- compaction simulator
- particle sizer (Retch)
- FT4 Powder Rheometer (freeman)
- load frames (Intron x 2)
- optical radiometry (Alcona x2)
- optical micro/macroscopes (Olympus)
- furnaces (heat treatment)
- Charpy impact tester
- macro hardness tester (Struers)
- micro hardness tester (Struers)
- Accutom precision cutter (Struers)
- CitoPress-10 Hot Mounting (Struers)
- LaboPol-21 Grinder (Struers)
- Tegramin-25 Polisher (Struers)
- Electronic Densimeter SD-200L.
Explore our facilities
Our partners become valued members of the wider Deakin engineering family, not just our school. Opportunities to partner with us include work-integrated learning and industry-based learning and placements, student projects, and commercial research projects and services.
Study with us
Deakin offers the following study and research options:
- Undergraduate students can study the Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Honours).
- Postgraduate students can study through either our Master of Engineering or Master of Engineering (Professional) specialising in mechanical engineering design.
- Research studies can be undertaken through our Master of Engineering and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) higher degree by research degrees.