Honours and Masters research project opportunities
- Safe and appropriate medication management of older patients with delirium
- Trends in the characteristics of patients presenting for cardiac surgery
- Practices in postoperative management of anticoagulation after cardiac surgery
- Australian survey of practices for postoperative management of cardiac surgical patients
- Practice patterns in the acute postoperative management of pain after cardiac surgery
- Secondary preventative discharge medications in adult patients undergoing coronary artery bypass graft surgery or percutaneous coronary intervention
- Safe and appropriate medication management of older patients aged 90 years and over
- Characteristics of Medication Errors Before and After Implementation of Electronic Medical Records
- Characteristics of Single and Double Checking Medications
- Pre-pregnancy obesity: is it associated with antenatal depression and anxiety? An exploratory study
- Impact of interventions designed to promote patient participation in care on patient recovery and outcomes (medical and surgical admissions):
- Cultural influences on family participation in care of the older person in hospital
- Patient experience of participation in ward rounds
- Patient experiences of clinical handover on transfer from the emergency department to the inpatient ward
- Patient experiences of an accountable care unit
- Family Member Experiences of Participation in ICU Care
- ‘Sensemaking’: testing a novel tool to understand patient and staff experience
- Involving carers in transitional and discharge care from hospital to home
- Nurse experiences of accountable care units
- Comprehensive harm prevention by nurses in acute care
- Electronic medical records in acute nursing and midwifery practices
- Graduate nurse experiences of novel strategies in a graduate program
- Ten year follow up of student outcomes of Honours in Nursing
- Factors influencing best practice approaches to facilitate student learning in the clinical setting: student consensus
- Factors influencing best practice approaches to facilitate student learning in the clinical setting: nurse academic consensus
PhD scholarship opportunities
Deakin University offers a number of postgraduate research scholarships for domestic and international students each year. Students can apply at any time for PhD studies with QPS.
The Diabetes Trisha Dunning Research Scholarship
The Diabetes Trisha Dunning Research Scholarship is an annual opportunity for an initial period of five years to support nursing research. The closing date for applications is Friday 25th September.
Become a research degree student
For further information on honours, PhD and postdoctoral opportunities, please contact us.
We welcome new opportunities to collaborate with research leaders who share our vision of innovative health service research, with a focus on clinical care, quality and risk management.