CALLING FOR NOIS - OPENS in RGMS 23 OCT 2019
National Health and Medical Research Council
|Submit Notice of Intent to Submit (NOIS)||M||28 Aug 2019|
Email Deakin Research Grants
|Applications open in RGMS||23 Oct 2019|
|Final application in RGMS and certification forms||M|
20 Nov 2019
Email snapshot reports and all uploaded documents to Deakin NHMRC Submissions
Email DU Certification form(s) and AI consents to Deakin NHMRC Submissions
Minimum data requirements must be met on RGMS by 20 Nov 2019. Applications that miss this deadline will not be able to submit an application to the NHMRC.
O - Optional / M - Mandatory
The Development Grants scheme provides financial support to individual researchers and/or research teams to undertake health and medical research within Australia at the proof-of-concept stage that specifically drives towards a commercial outcome within a foreseeable timeframe.
Early stage research or knowledge creation research (fundable through the NHMRC Ideas Grant scheme) will not be funded through the Development Grants scheme.
The Development Grants scheme supports the commercial development of a product, process, procedure or service that, if applied, would result in improved health care, disease prevention or provide health cost savings.
Research supported by this scheme must, via a commercial business plan, have detailed feasible strategies for commercialisation that takes into account the regulatory pathway, protectable IP, commercial barriers and potential routes to market.
How to apply
- Contact your Faculty/IFM/IISRI/A2I2 research office to register your intent to submit and determine their application development and review process. Applicants must work with their Faculty/Institute/SRC and School to develop a high calibre application
- Submit a Notice of Intent to Submit (NOIS) form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plan and draft your grant proposal early; CIs should gather their individual CV information/updates
- Once the round has opened, commence your application in the NHMRC Research Grants Management System - RGMS
- Contact the DR-Grants NHMRC team if you have any queries.
- Organise the relevant Deakin certification form and AI consents.
Please visit the NHMRC Development Grants webpage for more information
Applicants should register and log into GrantConnect to download the applicable scheme documentation once released by NHMRC
NB. The 2020 round (Dec 2019 submission) Guidelines and Application Documents have not been released. Applicants should use previous round documents to start preparing for their application
NHMRC application templates
Applicants should download the new round documents from GrantConnect when available. Previous round documents to assist you in preparing for your application: