CALLING FOR NOIS
National Health and Medical Research Council
Faculties/IFM/IISRI/A2I2 to work with applicants to review, workshop and develop proposals
|All applicants to contact their Faculty/ IFM/IISRI/A2I2 Research Office to check their submission process|
For Faculty of Health applicants, visit Faculty of Health Research Grant Portal
|Submit a Notice of Intent to Submit (NOIS) for Deakin and Not Deakin-led applications||M||24 March 2021|
Email Deakin Research Grants
|Applications open in Sapphire||21 April 2021|
|Minimum data in Sapphire||M|
26 May 2021
Minimum data requirements must be met on Sapphire by this date. Applications that miss this deadline will not be able to proceed with NHMRC submission.
|Final application in Sapphire and Certification form||M|
26 May 2021
Complete and certify application on Sapphire
O - Optional / M - Mandatory
The Development Grants scheme provides financial support to individual researchers and/or research teams to undertake health and medical research within Australia at the proof-of-concept stage that specifically drives towards a commercial outcome within a foreseeable timeframe.
Early stage research or knowledge creation research (fundable through the NHMRC Ideas Grant scheme) will not be funded through the Development Grants scheme.
The Development Grants scheme supports the commercial development of a product, process, procedure or service that, if applied, would result in improved health care, disease prevention or provide health cost savings.
Research supported by this scheme must, via a commercial business plan, have detailed feasible strategies for commercialisation that takes into account the regulatory pathway, protectable IP, commercial barriers and potential routes to market.
How to apply
- Contact your Faculty/IFM/IISRI/A2I2 research office to register your intent to submit and determine their application development and review process. Applicants must work with their Faculty/Institute/SRC and School to develop a high calibre application
- Submit a Notice of Intent to Submit (NOIS) form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plan and draft your grant proposal early. CIs should gather/update their individual Profile information on Sapphire.
- New Sapphire users should register for a Sapphire account early. All CIs and AIs will require a Sapphire account.
- Once the scheme is open, commence your application on the NHMRC Sapphire system.
- Organise the relevant Deakin certification form.
- Contact the DR-Grants NHMRC team if you have any queries.
Please visit the NHMRC Development Grants webpage for more information
Applicants should register and log into GrantConnect to download the applicable scheme documentation once released by NHMRC
NB. The 2021 round Guidelines and Application Documents have not been released. Applicants should use previous round documents to start preparing for their application
NHMRC application templates
Applicants should download the new round documents from GrantConnect when available. Previous round documents to assist you in preparing for your application: