Applications for Trimester 1 2023 open 16 February 2023.
Applications for Trimester 1 2023 close 16 March 2023 at 5pm.
Cash payment up to $15,000 per year
This scholarship is for your normal course duration.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be a domestic student
- be commencing one of the following undergraduate bachelor degrees and enrolled full time at the Deakin Warrnambool Campus (on campus study) in Trimester 1 2023:
- Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Midwifery
- reside in a regional area when commencing your studies
Preference will be given to students from underrepresented groups, such as low-socioeconomic status (low-SES), those who are first in family to tertiary study, those living with a disability and First Nations people.
The following conditions apply:
- this scholarship is not transferrable to other campuses.
- you must remain enrolled at the Warrnambool campus. At least 75% of all studies must be undertaken in located mode at the Warrnambool campus.
- you must maintain ongoing residency in a regional area for the duration of the scholarship. If you are successful you will be asked to provide evidence of your home location eg. utilities' bills, rates, rental notice etc.
- this scholarship cannot be held concurrently with another scholarship.
- this scholarship cannot be deferred or intermitted.
Make sure you have the best chance of securing a scholarship. Be across the supporting documents you need to be successful in your application, and find out more on how to apply.
As part of the application process, you're required to upload supporting documents. If applicable, you'll need to supply evidence of your area of hardship. Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents otherwise we can't consider them. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria. It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community. Discover our top tips for making a strong application.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly to Deakin through our Scholarship Application Portal.
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
If you are successful, you will be contacted by the email address you nominated within your application portal account, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within four weeks of the application closing date. If you have not received an offer by this time, you have been unsuccessful. You can view the status of your application via your scholarship application portal account.
Next offering period
This scholarship is yet to be confirmed for any future offering periods. Please check back at this page at a later date for any updates.
Destination Australia – an Australian Government initiative
Destination Australia funds eligible tertiary education providers to offer scholarships to domestic and international students to study and live in regional Australia. The Australian Government and Deakin University have joined together to offer Destination Australia Scholarships.