Applications for Trimester 1 2022 open 18 October 2021.
Applications for Trimester 1 2022 close 16 March 2022 5pm.
This scholarship offers cash payments up to $15,000 per year.
Depending on your remaining course duration, this scholarship can be for one or two years.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be a female student
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or an Australian permanent humanitarian visa holder
- have completed a minimum of one year (8 credit points) and be enrolled full-time in one of the following bachelor degrees in Trimester 1 2022 at Deakin University:
- M340 Bachelor of Business Analytics
- S460 Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours)
- S306 Bachelor of Computer Science
- D380 Bachelor of Criminology/Bachelor of Cyber Security
- S334 Bachelor of Cyber Security
- A344 Bachelor of Design (Digital Technologies)
- S461 Bachelor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Honours)
- S465 Bachelor of Environmental Engineering (Honours)
- D371 Bachelor of Information Systems/Bachelor of Information Technology
- S326 Bachelor of Information Technology
- S462 Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Honours)
- S463 Bachelor of Mechatronics Engineering (Honours)
- S320 Bachelor of Science (must be majoring in Mathematical Modelling)
- S464 Bachelor of Software Engineering (Honours)
- be undertaking the majority of units at the Geelong Waurn Ponds campus (located studies)
- have a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 60.
Preference will be given to students experiencing financial disadvantage (in receipt of a Centrelink means-tested benefit or have a personal or family taxable income below $56,000, depending on independence status).
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- provide an introductory statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- provide a yearly impact statement for the duration of the scholarship
- be willing to provide quotes or commentary for media materials or other promotional materials for the donor
- remain enrolled in the discipline you were enrolled in at the time of the scholarship offer
- maintain a pass grade in all enrolled units
- maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 60
- attend a meet and greet with the donor
- attend the Faculty Awards Ceremony at Deakin University.
Recipients can concurrently hold a Deakin funded scholarship, but cannot be in receipt of another donor funded scholarship administered by Deakin University.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship (if applicable).
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria. It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship - it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
You can apply for this scholarship directly to Deakin through our Scholarship Application Portal.
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
If you are successful, you will be contacted by the email address you nominated within your application portal account, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. If you have not received an offer by this time, you have been unsuccessful. You can view the status of your application via your scholarship application portal account.
About the Donor
Since 2018, Ford Australia has partnered with Deakin through the Ford Australia Women in STEAM Scholarship, which aims to support women in pursuing their educational and career goals in science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics (STEAM) related fields. This Scholarship will support a high-achieving female undertaking a STEAM-degree with most of their subjects based at a Deakin University Waurn Ponds campus.
Next offering period
This scholarship is yet to be confirmed for any future offering periods. Please check this page at a later date for any updates.