Our research themes
- Gender, family, reproductive and sexual health
- Sustainability, environments, communities, nature and health
- Health, diversity and social inclusion
- Violence and abuse: prevention and intervention
- Child, adolescent and family therapeutic play assessments and interventions
- Professional practice and higher education in public health, health promotion, social work, occupational science and therapy and child play therapy
Our research centres
Centre for Population Health Research (CPHR)
CPHR is a strategic research centre with an extraordinarily diverse portfolio of research activities.
The centre houses eight different units, including the Public Health Innovation Unit, the Epidemiology Unit and the WHO Collaborating Centre for Obesity Prevention CPHR.
Centre for Health through Action on Social Exclusion (CHASE)
Social exclusion can come in many forms and can have a significant effect on health and wellbeing. The researchers at CHASE focus on finding realistic, practical solutions to exclusion.
Health, Nature and Sustainability Group (HNS)
How does the natural environment impact our health and wellbeing? How can we harness the natural world to improve our lives?
These are the questions being answered by researchers at our Health, Nature and Sustainability Group.