Status: Open for nomination
|Supported Nomination Form due to Research Office from Faculty/Insitute||M||Wednesday 7th June 2023|
|IM24 scheme opens in RMS||n/a||Wednesday 5th July 2023|
|Final application submitted to Research Office via RMS||M||Wednesday 26th July 2023|
|Request not to assess due to RO||O||Wednesday 26th July 2023|
Overview - based on Industry Fellowships Program (IFP) Grant Guidelines
The Industry Fellowship Program (IFP) is funded under the ARC's Linkage Program. The primary goal of the IFP is to create a pathway to support academic researchers in establishing careers in industry, and industry-based researcher to work in university settings, with the aim of increased two-way mobility and skill building in research collaboration, translation and commercialisation.
Mid Career Industry Fellowships:
- strengthen the industry collaboration skills of mid-career researchers
- encourage uptake of a wider range of career options for established researchers; and
- supervise and develop future research and nurture their development of collaboration, commercialisation and translation skills; and
- deliver significant, actionable outcomes for industry partners and end users.
Projects costs up to $290,000 may be requested over the duration of the grant.
How to apply
- Read the Grant Guidelines, Instructions to Applicants and FAQ's
- Intending applicants should contact Deakin Research – Innovations to discuss their application and their potential Key Industry partner.
- Liaise with your mentor and complete the Nomination Form.
- Forward the Nomination Form to your Host Head of School or Department / SRIC or Institute Director AND your Host Faculty Associate Dean (Research) or Director of IFM / IISRI/ A2I2 / ADI
- Faculty / IFM / IISRI/ A2I2 / ADI to send supported Nomination Forms to DR Grants by Wednesday 7th June 2023
- Applicants will receive further information on the next steps in the process from DR Grants
- Contact the Deakin Library team via this form to assist with Research Metrics.
- Applicants to commence application in the ARC Research Management System – RMS. IM24 will open in RMS on Wednesday 5th July 2023.
- Use the Deakin University templates provided below and liaise with the DR-Grants ARC team as necessary.
- Complete submission of your application via RMS to the Research Office for compliance checking by Wednesday 19th July 2023
Documents and information
ARC documents, templates, forms and tools
The ARC will no longer publish scheme specific documents on its website, but will make these available through GrantConnect. Links to scheme specific documents can be found below.
Policies and Strategies can still be found on the ARC website.
ARC Open Access Policy for publications arising from ARC funded projects.
Templates, forms and tools
Templates, certification forms and other resources are available below, or will be made available as relevant information is released by the ARC.
Nomination form - mid career 2024
- Compliance Checklist
- Budget and Justification Guide
- General Guidance sheet for completing ARC Project Budgets
- Eligibility Exemption Request Form
- Deakin University Salary Calculator
- ARC video - Tips and Tricks for industry collaboration
- *NEW* Deakin Library Research Metrics Request Form