Applications for Trimester 1 2023 open 1 September 2022.
Applications for Trimester 1 2023 close 2 February 2023 at 5pm.
This scholarship offers cash payments up to $8000 over one year.
3Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be a domestic student
- be a current Deakin University student enrolled full-time in your second or third year of your first undergraduate bachelor’s degree in Trimester 1 2023
- have a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 70
- be able to demonstrate you were educated at a public high school in Australia
- be of the first generation in your family to attend university
- be able to show an outstanding commitment to supporting our communities.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- write an introduction statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- provide a completion statement at the conclusion of your studies
- maintain a satisfactory academic record for the duration of your scholarship, with a minimum WAM of 70
- attend a meet and greet event with the donor.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your volunteering and/or community service.
You must also supply evidence that you were educated at a public high school in Australia.
The following documentation is acceptable:
- High School Certificate (VCE) result
- report card
- signed statement on school letterhead from the school confirming your years of attendance
- Statutory Declaration declaring the name of your school and the years you attended.
Make sure you choose the correct domestic scholarships document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Read more about supporting documentation
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
You can apply for this scholarship directly to Deakin through our Scholarship Application Portal.
When applying direct to Deakin for this scholarship, select the 'Undergraduate Scholarship Application Tri/Sem 1 2023' option and, if eligible, your application will automatically be considered for this scholarship.
This reduces the number of scholarships you have to apply for and increases your chances of receiving a Deakin scholarship.
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
If you are successful, you will be contacted by the email address you nominated within your application portal account, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. If you have not received an offer by this time, you have been unsuccessful. You can view the status of your application via your scholarship application portal account.
Next offering period
This scholarship is yet to be confirmed for any future offering periods. Please check back at this page at a later date for any updates.