Applications for Trimester 1 2022 open 6 September 2021.
Applications for Trimester 1 2022 close 15 February 2022 at 5pm.
This scholarship will pay student contributions (tuition fees) up to $7500.
The funds will only be available for units studied in Trimester 1 2022 and Trimester 2 2022.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
- be female
- be a commencing student in Trimester 1 2022 and enrolled in one of the following degrees at Deakin University:
- Master of Financial Planning (M769)
- Graduate Diploma of Financial Planning (M669)
- be able to demonstrate intersecting sources of disadvantage, including but not limited to:
- Financial need including but not limited to: Centrelink payments, childcare fees, carer responsibilities or other
- Re-entering the workforce
- Low socio-economic status
- Mature age (50 years of age plus) or young age (between 16 and 35 years old)
- Residing in a rural or remote area
- Indigenous Australian (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander only)
- New Migrant.
As a scholarship recipient you must provide an impact statement in September 2022 highlighting how the program has advanced your individual growth and success.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your areas of disadvantage.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
You can apply for this scholarship directly to Deakin through our Scholarship Application Portal.
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
If you are successful, you will be contacted by the email address you nominated within your application portal account, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. If you have not received an offer by this time, you have been unsuccessful. You can view the status of your application via your scholarship application portal account.
Next offering period
This scholarship is yet to be confirmed for any future offering periods. Please check back at this page at a later date for any updates.