Applications for Trimester 1 2023 open 1 September 2022.
Applications for Trimester 1 2023 close 28 February 2023 at 5pm.
This scholarship will pay student contributions (tuition fees) up to $10,000.
The funds will only be available for units studied in Trimesters 1, 2, and 3 2023.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- a female Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
- a commencing student in Trimester 1 2023 and enrolled in one of the following degrees at Deakin University:
- Master of Financial Planning (M769)
- Graduate Diploma of Financial Planning (M669)
- able to demonstrate intersecting sources of hardship.
Areas of hardship
Eligible areas of hardship include but are not limited to:
- Financial need, for example receipt of Centrelink payments, childcare fees, carer responsibilities
- Re-entering the workforce
- Low socio-economic status
- Mature age (50 years of age plus) or young age (between 16 and 35 years old)
- Residency in a rural or remote area
- Indigenous Australian (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander only)
- New migrant.
As a scholarship recipient you must provide an completion statement at the conclusion of your scholarship, highlighting how the program has advanced your individual growth and success.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your areas of disadvantage.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
If you meet the eligibility criteria for this scholarship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your expression of interest and an application form will be provided to you. Please include your full name and student ID number.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
If you are successful, you will be contacted by the email address you nominated within your application portal account, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within four weeks of the application closing date. If you have not received an offer by this time, you have been unsuccessful. You can view the status of your application via your scholarship application portal account.
Next offering period
This scholarship is yet to be confirmed for any future offering periods. Please check back at this page at a later date for any updates.