Study international trade and business at Deakin and you'll develop the analytical skills needed to understand the complex economic, political, legal and cultural environments that international businesses face in an increasingly globalised world. Not only that but you'll examine practical solutions for the challenges these environments represent in conducting business across national and cultural borders. Extend your learnings by taking part in an exciting study tour, as well as collaborative learning activities.
Undergraduate (your first degree)
An undergraduate degree is generally completed between two to four years, depending on the pattern of study and any recognition of prior learning you may have. Associate degrees, bachelor and bachelor with honours are all undergraduate degrees.
Postgraduate (further study)
A postgraduate qualification can be undertaken by students who have already completed an undergraduate degree or possess significant, demonstrable work experience. Postgraduate courses include graduate certificates, graduate diplomas, masters and PhDs, as well as specialist programs for industry professionals.
Higher Degrees by Research (supervised research)
Research degrees are research based master’s or PhD programs that focus on a single area of expertise. They provide students the opportunity to carry out highly specialised research under expert supervision.
Open doors to virtually every area of business and government globally, including career opportunities such as:
- education abroad counsellor
- foreign currency investment adviser
- international accountant
- international banking
- international economist
- import/export compliance specialist (or customs compliance)
- international media planner
- management analyst.
The learning environment is very flexible, innovative and students can be anywhere to complete their studies.
Senior lecturer of international business
Deakin has been awarded the following prestigious accreditations:
- Deakin Business School (DBS) is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Only five per cent of business programs worldwide are AACSB accredited and DBS is one of only three business schools in Victoria to achieve this recognition.
- DBS has been awarded EQUIS accreditation through the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD). This global best-practice recognition places Deakin Business School in the top 1 per cent of business schools worldwide.
Gain a competitive edge with an international study experience and earn credit towards your degree. We offer a number of unique study tours throughout the year to places like India, China and Europe.
Research with us
Tackle a higher degree by research, become a specialist in international trade and business and open and expand your career opportunities.
Browse other disciplines within business
Choose an area that you're interested in and learn how Deakin's extensive range of study options and experiences can help turn your dreams into reality.